27 // hearts awakened

"Guys!" Jena stood up from her seat, leaving her precious burger behind and walked towards the boys sitting. "Funny running into you here." She stops in front of them, inviting herself for a seat. "Yeah Jen, you look, unusual." San said, he munches on his fries, using one to point at her outfit. "Are you here on a date?" One of them, asks, "No, Yunho. He's here to take me away from a boring dinner party." Jena said, clearing things up with the petty boy. "Explains your dress. You look gorgeous Jen." Hongjoong said, complimenting her even though he finds it a little bit weird seeing someone wearing a formal attire in ShakeShack.

"Jen!" Hendery calls out for her, "Your phone's ringing." He picks the purple phone up and waves it towards Jena, "Oh, that's my dad. Gotta go, bye!" Jena left the four boys, including the quiet Yeosang, and went to pick up the call. "Her phone reminds me of Jane's." Yeosang quietly said, squinting at the purple phone Jena's holding against her ear. "What do you mean?" San asked, "Jane's phone is black, with the super protective casing because she drops it too much. Jane had never once changed her phone, maybe you're mistaken?" He nonchalantly said. "Yeah, I think you're right." Yeosang cuts the conversation and stabs his chicken wings.

"Hello? Dad?" Jena, on the other hand, picks the call up. "I'm with Hendery right now, Mr. Wong's younger son." She looks at the boy, who nods to himself. "I'll be safe dad, I promise." Jena giggles to herself, "Yeah I have them, the ones that you've just prescribed to me." Mr. Shin said more stuff and then Jena hands over her phone to Hendery, saying that her dad wants to talk to him. "Hello, sir." He gets the call without hesitation, "Yes, of course sir, I'll bring her back before eleven." Hendery chuckles into the phone. "You can trust Jena with me." The other line made some inaudible murmurs to Jena, while Hendery just laughed in reply before ending the conversation.

Jena got her phone back and keeps it inside her purse, not wanting any other call to disturb her eating. She took another bite into her burger when a chair was pulled next to her, "I want to join." Yunho sets his tray down and sat between the two. "Hello, stranger. My name is Jeong Yunho, but you can call me Yunho." He extends a hand towards Hendery, expecting a handshake. "Um, sorry dude, My hand's all oily, I can't shake your hand." Hendery shows his greasy hand and winced slightly, "The name's Hendery, or Kunhang, or Guanheng. Anything you prefer." Yunho puts his hand down and grabs his burger instead.

The two males then proceeded to talk about the latest basketball game, then it switched to other things that Jena could barely even understand. They talked about games and such, but weirdly, instead of a friendly atmosphere, Jena could feel the tension rising between those two. "How did you know Jena?" Hendery asked him, "She's—" my ex's sister, "a friend from school. How about you?" Yunho said with a pause. "I met her in an arcade, winning her a doll." Then it struck Yunho, this stranger, who knows Jena in a way shorter period of time, has gave her something but Yunho hasn't.

Feeling way more uncomfortable, Jena decided to end the day there, "Let's just go, Hendery. I bet that my parents are home right now." She stood up, taking her tray with her. Hendery copies her action and stood up with Jena, which was soon followed by Yunho. "I'll take you home instead." The lad offers, "I'm sorry, but I have the responsibility to take her home." Hendery interrupts, "So back off, dude." The air between them gets more intense and intense, and Jena doesn't know what to do. "Please stop guys." Jena said in a small voice but was ignored.

Yunho's fists are turning white, while Hendery clenches his jaw, the two glaring into each other's eyes. "Okay, stop it the both of you, I'm taking Jena home and that's final." San, sensing the bad tingling atmosphere, grabs Jena's wrist and pulls her with him, not giving the two male time to complain. He pulls out his car keys and unlocks it, opening the door for his friend. "Thanks, San." Jena fiddles with her fingers, San eyes her exposed arms and shoulders before reaching to the back of his car, giving her Jane's cardigan that she left. "Wear this, you'll catch a cold." Jena accepts it and wore it.

They soon drove out of the place and head towards the lovely residence of the Shins. "So, do you like that guy?" San attempts to open a conversation, "Who? Hendery? Heck no." Jena scoffs, "He's only a friend." San hums in reply, "Do you like him though?" He asks once again, confusing the girl. "Who?" Jena has a brief enlightenment towards whom San is talking about but is afraid to assume so. "Yunho." He nonchalantly said, making a left turn. Jena gulps the building lump from her throat, not able to say anything.

"Jen? Is everything alright? Are you having another outbreak?" The panic in San's voice increases gradually because of the absence of replying from Jena. "I— Was I that obvious?" Jena finally said, pressing her lips into a thin line. San's eyes widened, he obviously didn't think that Jena would straight up confess to him like that. Jane had voiced out her suspicion towards her little sister to San a couple days ago, before Jena went out from the clinic, but San just brushed it off, he never once saw Jena giving signs of liking the tall boy so he felt that it was impossible. "You like Jeong Yunho?" She nods and looks down, "I don't think he likes me back though, So I'm in the middle of trying to stop my feelings for him." She said

San shakes his head, "Oh Shin Jena, what am I going to do with you." Jena looks back up at San, confused to what he meant. "What does that mean?" She tilts her head to the side, "You're really oblivious aren't you? That's why Yunho is having a hard time." San chuckles, scrunching his nose and nods. "Huh?" Still clueless, Jena looks towards the road instead, trying to figure out what San meant.

"That dumbass likes you, Jena."