39 // little einstein

The ride home was filled with silence and awkwardness, the boy didn't have any courage and was hesitant to explain himself, and Jena kept on getting disappointed through out the whole drive. Ever since that day, both Yunho and Jena didn't make any attempt to talk to each other, as if they had never liked each other in the first place. Spending more time with Yeoreum, Yunho started to have doubts about what Jena had told them. Yeoreum seems never changing, sweet, kind, and just nice in general, not like someone who would do horrible stuff to a 'friend', and besides, he knew Yeoreum way longer than he knew Jena, so he's torn between those two.  Jena, on the other hand, is getting closer with Hendery. Their parents had decided to be business partners, allowing the kids to spend time together more, especially when they got invited for a private dinner together. Hendery also picks Jena up time to time, going to Crescent Productions.

Time moves fast, Jena unknowingly tolerate Bae Haera more and the latter doing the same. She had saved Jena a couple of times, when she was trapped in uncomfortable situations, thank Bae Haera and her quick senses. "Tomorrow's our field trip." Haera said, the both of them sat together in biology, again. "Yeah." Jena simply said, "Aren't you excited or anything?" Jena shrugs, unsure on what she's feeling. Haera had pestered Jena to tell her whatever is bothering her when she saw Jena having an attack, to which Jena is grateful for, since Haera had 'protected' her eversince. "Geez old woman, don't let her bother you." She rolls her eyes, crossing her legs in the meantime. "Bae Haera." Jena calls out, hands stopping from doing her math problems, "Thanks."

Haera clearly got flustered, "T-That's why you should help me with Jayden." She scoffs and crosses her arms. "Just, don't run away and ditch us tomorrow," Haera said, referring to her and the kids, "you do know I don't really like my 'friends'." She quotes. Jena laughs and nods, focusing back to her problems. Back at home, both Jane and Jayden ran around, packing stuff, and occasionally forgetting what else to pack. "Toothbrush and paste." Jena sat on the high kitchen stool with a list in her hand. She had finished packing a few days ago, being the efficient and diligent girl she is. "Next." Jayden said, resting his hands on his hips, "Clothes and undergarments." Jena said, stating the obvious. "Do you really think we're that dumb sis?" Jane rolls her eyes, "Next." Jena laughs and proceeded to read the whole list to them. "Then we're ready and pumped for tomorrow." Jayden raises his fist to the air, before running away into his room, wanting to get a longer slumber since he said we won't sleep during the two night stay.

The next day came fast, the three siblings originally planed to wake up at five at dawn, the school requiring them to come to school at six sharp. Jena finished showering and wore her clothes for the day, just a simple thin polo shirt tucked into her jeans with a cardigan in case she got cold. She got her backpack and phone, checking it one last time before leaving her room and locking it. Maybe it's a triplets thing but the three of them got out of the room at the same time, the only difference located at their appearance, "What are you doing? Not ready yet?" Jena said, surprised at the messy sight of her brother and Jane. "It's 5:24 for God's sake! Hurry up!" She pushed Jayden into his room, which smells like Jayden. "You too!" She said to Jane.

Jena head downstairs to prepare breakfast for the three of them, and before she knew it, Jayden and Jane appears in the kitchen. "Eat in the car, we're late already." Jena said, washing the plates. She went back upstairs to their parents' room, lights still dim because they're sleeping. Jena kisses their cheeks, "Jena, Jane and Jayden are going now, Dad." She whispered when her dad stirred from his sleep. "Okay, have fun." He croaks out, flipping his body to a better position, after caressing Jena's hair.

The Shin triplets got into Jena's car, and she drove to KQ High. Thanks to her superb driving skills, they arrived within fifteen minutes, leaving a few minutes before six. "Jena! Jane! Jayden!" Sehui said, she also got off her car, "Hui! Hey Johnny." Jena ran up to her best friend, seeing Johnny in the car. "Hey Jena! Have fun the both of you!" Johnny drove away from school. "Let's go." They approached the others at the field. Seeing Sehui like this, reminds Jena of something. Ever since Yeoreum's appearance in KQ, Sehui and Seonghwa are rarely together anymore, but she never said that they broke up or anything. "Hui," Jena calls when they sat on the grass with the others, "why aren't you with Seonghwa?" She asked cautiously, so they won't hear.

Sehui chuckles and shook her head, "We broke up." She said, making Jena open her eyes wide, "Are you, okay?" Jena asked, the last time Sehui broke up, it didn't end well, she stayed over at Jena's place, munching Ben&Jerry's until dawn, crying to movies— Disney movies, while ranting to Jena. "Honestly? No, but I try to overcome it." Sehui sighed, propping her hands on the grass and leans back, letting the morning sun hit her face. Jena rubs Sehui's shoulder, comforting her, "I'm sorry that I never got the chance to pay attention to you Hui," She apologized, "Had been too caught up with my problems that I didn't even notice you going through all that." Sehui shakes her head, standing up and giving out a hand. "It's fine, I'm okay now." The teachers appeared on the field, holding a megaphone.

They had split the hundreds of students into their respective grades, and then splitting them into smaller groups of ten. "Jena! We're together!" Jayden runs up to her, hugging his sister from the back. They went to gather with the rest of their teammates, sitting down in a circle.

Thank God Yeoreum is not in this group

"Good to see you here." Haera nudges Jena, as she passed behind her, "Hey Jayden." The boy greets her back with his usual smile, which of course, made Haera weak. She then walks over to her group, clicking her tongue seeing the people in it. Jayden counts the people in the group, seeing they lack two person, "Where's the other two?" He asked to another guy in the group, someone Jena doesn't know. "There's one of them." The dude points behind the Shin siblings, "Dude!" Jayden got up to greet one of his closest friends, "Jena, this is Mark, the SmallForward in my basketball team." He introduces Mark.

"I know," Jena nods, "He was in my Biology group." Jena smiles at him, Mark joined the circle, now almost complete with one member missing, "Sorry I'm late." Another voice joined them, he sat down, taking the last empty space. "Hi, I'm Park Seonghwa, let's get along well together."
🌱
I'm trying to give Jena a break from all the parasites in her life so, a less stressful teammate :>

and also,

we're going on a trip
with our favorite rocket ship
going through the sky
little einstein

hence the chap's title