20 // monday blues

The weekend ends pretty quickly as Jena is now in the middle of physics, calculating the answer to number nineteen. She sets her pencil down and marks the answer on her answer sheet with a marker, moving on to the last number on her test. "Psst." Jena tilts her head to the side, finding Yeosang there. "What?" She whispers back. Instead of answering, Yeosang signs a number seven instead with his hand. Jena scrunches her face, carefully eyeing the teacher in charge, who seems to be dozing of in front of the class.

Jena signs an 'E' as the answer after making sure that the coast is clear. Yeosang nods, thanking her for the cooperation she made. The teacher's timer rang and he snaps from his nap time. "Time's up!" He stood, crossing his arms, "Hand in your answer sheet to the furthest back student." The kids did as they were told. "My number twenty!" Jena suddenly remembers her blank last number. Refusing to give up, she scans the question and did a mental calculation, then decides to mark it a 'C', partially because of her confidence, and partially because of a unreasonable reason.

I mean 'correct' starts with a 'C' so,

Jena shrugs and gave San, who sits behind her, the answer sheet. Yeosang went up to her and high fives her. "Thanks Jen," She accepts the high five and packs her things, ready to meet up with Sehui for their usual studying. "Are you going to meet up with Sehui?" San asks her, slinging an arm around her shoulders. Jena nods and took her bag with her, heading to the Econs class. But before she could step out of the room, the teacher calls her. "Go without me first San." Jena got out of his arm.

"Yes? How can I help you Mr. Eom?" Jena went over to his table and stood there. In his hands, is her answer sheet, "I don't even need to grade this to know you score Ms. Shin." He sets the paper down and looks at his student. "I need your help." Mr. Eom said, lacing his hands together, "I have some students that are failing my class, both juniors and seniors, and I want you to tutor them." He sighs, looking over at a piece of paper, containing names of students. "Mr. Yoo had also asked your friend, Ms. Seo Sehui to help him tutor failing kids in math." He mentions the old teacher in maths.

Jena pressed her lips in a tight line, the classes in KQ are not that hard at all for her, heck, it is not hard at all. "What will I get in return, sir?" Jena asked softly, afraid to offend the teacher. "If you manage to get these students' grade up, I'll add the improvement to your spec." Mr. Eom crosses his arms. Jena doesn't know how, but apparently rumors about her getting expelled out of Wonderland spreads throughout the whole school, since then, the teachers starts to treat her as someone who needs extra credit.

I'm here for the love of my live, thank you.

Jena accepts his offer, trying to busy herself up. "Great! Then you could start today." Mr. Eom hands her a folder, and walks out of the room. In sync, Jena's phone rang loudly, having Sehui's caller ID displayed on her screen. She picks it up, and also exits the class. Without even looking around her, Jena heads towards the library to meet up with Sehui and the students. Sehui's constant ranting filling her ear up, "I mean, I get it but why starting today?! I can't even prepare myself. How confident are they that they asked them to come today, without even knowing how we'll answer." Jena chuckles, the habit of her best friend never fading away. "Well Hui, they do think that we got expelled from Wonderland, so that explains." Jena rips open a bar of snickers and ate it.

Sehui scoffs from the other line, slamming her locker door. "Expelled?! South Korea's number one and two got expelled?! That's nonsense! Bullshit!" The shouting from Sehui got uncontrolled as the lowly thought angers her. After calming Sehui down, Jena hung up as she spots Sehui shouting in the distance. They enter the library and found the four students they're supposed to tutor that day.

Thirty minutes into the session, Jena is close to murdering the Chinese boy beside her. "Lucas! I've explained this over, and over, and you still asked about the same thing!" She refrains herself from screaming as the senior behind her taps her shoulder. "Jena, how do you do this?" He circles a question on his book. "Wait a minute sunbaenim." Jena curtly said, giving her focus to Lucas and explaining all over again.

Sehui on the other hand, was not doing at good at all. "So instead of using Mr. Eom's way, you could do it way faster if you approach it thi—" Sehui was explaining the methods of doing a problem when the senior she's explaining to clicks her tongue. "But my way is not wrong, right?" She eyes the junior. "No sunbae, but I'm saying that you can save time by doi—" Once again Sehui was cut off by the rude senior. "Then I'll do it my way." She snatches the book out of Sehui's hand and packs, getting ready to go home. Not being able to do anything, Sehui just sighs and went to tutor the boy in her Math class, who seems to be cooperating very well.

Back to Jena, She finished on explaining the whole point of the problem to Lucas, again, and is now working on Minho, a senior. "Do you understand sunbae?" As she finished her explanation, Minho just opens his mouth and gasps in amazement. "You're a legend Jen, I can't even understand a single thing coming out from Mr. Eom's mouth back then." Minho claps several times, looking from the book damaged from Jena's furious hand writings to the girl herself. "Jena, I finished it." Lucas said to the girl who's sitting in the middle of them. Jena turns her body and examines the abused book, "Good job Lucas! You managed to move on from the questio—" Jena compliments him but cuts her off when she saw the answer that makes zero sense to her. "Lucas, Huang Xuxi, Wong Yukhei." Jena puts the book down and massages her temples, "Yep, that's me." The boy giggles, expecting more compliments, "How could the diameter of a circle be negative?" Lucas's face drops and he pouts, confused at her question. Jena messes her hair up, letting a big sigh out, "Come on, erase all of this and I'll walk you through." She pats her hair and grabs her mechanical pencil.

In the distance, a few table from Jena, another group was studying together. "Jeong Yunho!" Hongjoong whispers roughly, grabbing the attention of the spacing out boy. "What are you looking at?" Hongjoong tried to follow his gaze, and found the other group, Jena now beaming in proudness as Lucas managed to finish the problem, making the staring boy smile too. "N-Nothing." Getting caught red handed for staring at his ex's sister, Yunho fumbles in his seat, going back to his Chemistry book. Hongjoong nods silently, handing Yunho's part of the work, hoping that the situation before is not what he hopes to be.
🌱
stay safe guys💚