38 // stopping rain

"But of course, you do something for me in return."

Jena sighs, guessing what's coming next. "If you want me to do your homework forget abou—" Haera actually scoffs, with a tone full of disappointment. "You think I'm that petty? I'm sorry Jena, I do schoolwork on my own." She flips her hair to her back, "Instead, help me get close with your brother." She looks at her expectantly, eyes full of hope. "Look Hae—" Jena was about to talk when the bell interrupts, "Look Haera, Thank you for the offer, but I don't need any help right now." Jena said which made the girl pout. "Fine, but call me anytime you need one." She then got out of the laboratory.

Jayden was already outside, waiting for his sister so they could go to the canteen together. He also might or not might want to catch a glimpse of Yeoreum, and maybe curse her out. "Jayden!" A girl approaches him, "Oh, hey Haera." He greets and went back to looking for his sister. That simple greeting had made Haera weak on her knees, showing how much she likes Jayden. She smiles shyly, playing with her locks, trying to initiate another conversation, but before Haera could even touch Jayden's shoulder, he had moved forward. "Baby sister!" Jayden hugged Jena when she went out of the class, "Let's go eat lunch." He then pulled her, the both of them going further away from a huffing Haera.

Sehui, Jane, San, Yeosang, and Mingi are already sitting on their table when Jayden and Jena arrived. Ditching his own group of friends, Jayden made himself comfortable in his seat after getting his lunch. The table was also as chaotic as Jena's previous table, the boys shouting and playing around with each other, "Which reminds me, are y'all coming to the trip?" Jayden asked as he eats, The table echoed with a series of 'yes' 'of course' 'i think i will' 'wouldn't miss it' which leaves Jena with no answer. "You're coming." Jayden said, not leaving any time for her to speak, "We're going to protect you." Jane said, after seeing the worried expression on her face, also not sparing anytime for her to reject. "What? What happened to Jena?" Mingi, the only one clueless on the table, asked.

Jane glances at Jena, asking for permission, which she nods to, Mingi is kind and he had never met Yeoreum before, so he doesn't know her fake nice attitude. When Jane finished telling Mingi the whole story, he was left speechless, "That bitch." He glares towards the table, "Don't worry Jena, Mingi is here to protect you." He said, patting his chest in a proud manner. "Then it's fixed," Jayden said, resting his head on Jena's, "you're coming baby sister." Jena looks around, seeing the facial expressions of those around her, all of them having the exact same one of wanting her to come. "Fine."

Jayden cheers and hugs her, pinches her cheeks, and kissing it afterwards. He then plops the rest of his grape into his mouth, stuffing it until he resembles a squirrel. "I have practice, bye!" Jayden took his tray and got out the canteen, being stopped by a few girls trying to confess in the meantime, whom he rejects in no time. The kids in the cafeteria, who had stopped talking to see the girl's heart become broken by none other Shin Jayden, became noisy at once with chatters here and there. "I never knew our brother is this popular." Jane said, trying to engage a conversation. She could definitely feel Jena being down after the whole 'story time', and she didn't like that, at all.

"I'm gonna bring my drone with me!" Jena had been blanking out that she totally missed the conversation going on at their table. "That's useless." San said, "I'm taking Shiber with me, way better than yours." He then continued, crossing his arms. "Did someone hear that?" Yeosang said, putting his hand behind his ear, leaning in, "The sound of me not giving any fucks." San then whines, turning to Jane to tell on Yeosang. "Don't tell me the both of you are taking books with you and study all the ti—" Sehui hits Mingi's arm, clicking her tongue. "We don't study all the time!" She said to Mingi, who's busy rubbing the now reddening spot.

"I'm actually looking forward to this trip." Jena said in a small voice, but didn't go unheard, "The trips I had in middle school are hell, and Wonderland's are just pure shit." She smiles, trying to put the events happening behind her and just enjoy her leisure time. "Yeah," Jane smiles, taking Jena's hand into her's, "let's have fun." The table soon break into smiles, to the extent if people walk past them, they would think that the table was filled with weird people. "Put that motherfucker behind our heads and enjoy our youth." Mingi stood up and stretched his hands out to the sides, leaving the table into giggles and laughter. "You sound like someone old." Mingi sat back down, noticing that eyes were on him.

They went through the rest of the day, lucky for Jena since her last two periods are more of a free one, and she had both lesson with San and Yeosang. Jena left the class with the two of them, talking about a new diner that had just opened. Jena pulled her phone to call Jane, or Jayden, anyone who could give her a ride. "Sorry baby sister, I have practice until six." Jayden had said, heavy breaths on the other line. "Hm? I have extracurricular classes though, if you don't mind waiting." Jane said from the other line, San can't drive her home since he had family dinner, while Yeosang had a meeting with the council, leaving her hopeless."No it's fine, I'll take the bus instead." Jena sighed, taking her transportation card out.

Jena then proceeds to walk to the bus stop, sitting there for quite a while. As if the world is not on her side, the sky turned gray and soon enough, it rained. "Oh gosh, what's taking the bus so long." She looks at her watch, taking note that she had been waiting for around ten minutes. "Jena! Do you want a ride?" Hongjoong's car stopped in front of her, he rolled down the window. Jena almost agreed to his offer, until she saw the person beside him. "Uh, no thanks." She sat down again, not wanting to be in an enclosed space with the being. "Really? The bus won't come though, It's raining." Jena furrows her eyebrows, not getting what he meant. "You don't know? Buses don't come here when it rains." Jena raised her eyebrows on the newly learned fact. She had an inner dilemma, she wants to, but she doesn't want to be there in the same time.

"So? Do you still need the ride?" Hongjoong pestered again, Jena stood up and walked slowly towards the backseat, "Su—" "She's coming with me." A hand stopped her from opening the door, the proceeds to pull Jena to his car. "What are you doing?" Jena asked, looking back to Hongjoong's car. "What are you doing instead?!" He opens the passenger door for her, making her go inside. "Didn't you see Yeoreum beside him? Are you willing to get another attack?" He revs the engine and drove away, leaving Hongjoong's car behind.

"I'm worried for you, okay?"

"You are in no position to worry about me, Yunho."
🌱
a filler chapter? maybe?

im currently in love with mark lee that boy is precious hmsjsa💚