28 // live alive

"That dumbass likes you, Jena."

Needless to say, Shin Jena was kept up all night long, thinking about what San had said. It is currently one in the morning and Jena is wide awake, browsing her laptop. She decided that it was pointless for her to try to sleep since the only thing running around her mind is Yunho, and her heart will pump faster, and it will just get hot. So she distracts herself from all that 'unnecessary' thoughts and clicks on netflix, wanting to continue the series she didn't get to watch. As she sets her laptop down, she feels like something was missing. "Ah! My popcorn." Jena got out of bed and wore her slippers, heading downstairs. She tried to be careful to not wake her parents up. After successfully making past the master bedroom, Jena went down the stairs and turns into the dim kitchen.

She reaches to the wall on her left, looking for a light switch. She flipped the switch and got scared the hell out of her guts. "Jane!" The drinking female chokes on her water when the lights got turned on, "What are you doing?" Jena, afraid that she would wake their parents up, shout whispered to her sister. Jane wipes her mouth, she is still in her dress, and in full make up. "Don't tell me that you just got home?" Jena approaches her sister and opens the popcorn box. "Yeah. Danbi dragged me to a local skate park, to watch people race." Jena pops the bag into the microwave and waited pressed the button.

Not knowing what to say to her sister, she just shakes her head in disapproval, well, as long as it's legal. "Are you not planning to sleep?" Jane sets the glass on the sink and opens the cabinet, grabbing a packet of chips. "I'm watching netflix." Jena opens the microwave, now that it has beeped already. "What movie?" Jane rips open the packet, making the younger girl bothered. "Money Heist and could you at least take a shower before eating? And clean your make up." Jena grabs a bowl and pours the popcorn into it. Jane puts the chip she held down and raised her arms, retreating into the staircase.

Before her figure completely disappears, Jane stuck her head, "Wait for me, I also want to watch it." Jena hissed in annoyance because Jane is not yet upstairs. "Just go, fast." Jena then grabbed another bowl for the chips Jane was eating, she poured them out and threw the bag in the rubbish bin. Jena didn't forget to grab some drinks, milk for her and soda for Jane, before going up to her room. She sets the makeshift table on her bed, resting her laptop and bowls of snacks on it.

Jena went on her phone to wait for her older sister, scrolling through Instagram, liking posts and posting a story with her laptop and bowls of snacks showing on it. She also looks at other people's stories, including the boys'. She opens them one by one, all basically having similar storyline but when Jena looks at Yunho's she realized that she forgot something. He had taken a picture of the boys showing up on his door that morning holding a cake that spells out his name, with a caption thanking them for the surprise. Jena went on her messages and texted him immediately, guilt building up in her.

Jena🤖
HAPPY BELAYED BIRTHDAY YUNHO!

Jena🤖
I'M SORRY THAT I'M LATE

Jena🤖
:<

Jena didn't really expect him to reply, I mean, it's one, almost two in the morning, only nocturnals like her would still be up. So she sets her phone down, and grabs a chip from the bowl. "Hey." Jane enters her room with a towel wrapped around her head, now clean. "You haven't started yet right?" Jane sat down and brought the table closer to them. Jena shook her head, "Hey, did you know that yesterday was Yunho's birthday?" Jena grabs her phone, it letting out a ding. She quickly replied to Yunho's text with a smile on her face, "Yeah, I texted him already." Jane presses the space bar and the episode starts, She grabs the chip bowl and sets it under her chin, avoiding any falling crumbs.

The next minute goes on silently as the movie rolls and their hands delivering food towards their mouths. Unable to keep her curiosity to herself, Jane sets her bowl down and looks at Jena, pausing the movie. Jena, who has been staring absentmindedly at the screen flinched suddenly at her movement. "Baby, be honest with me." Jane faces Jena, the moonlight highlighting her surprised features. "Do you, even in the slightest, have feelings for Yunho?" Jane asked her.

Jena stares at her sister back, hands weakening and stomach churning, "Yes, I do." Jena looks down and fiddles with her fingers. Jane looks at Jena, trying to see her blushing face clearly, "Why?" She asked again, "Huh?" the elder repeats her question once more and Jena has no choice but to answer it, "He's gentle and kind, adorable, and could make me feel happy." Jena's voice got quieter, her becoming more timid. Jane diverts her sight to other objects in the room, not really knowing what to say.

"Sorry." Jena mumbles, and Jane brings her attention back to her. "No! No, that's not your fault Baby." Jane holds Jena's hands, not minding the butter from her popcorn. "I don't like him anymore Baby, you don't need to feel guilty." Jane smiles at her sister, "Besides, I can feel that what he's feeling towards you is mutual." Jena looks back at her sister, her eyes getting moist unknowingly.

Jane senses her sister's tears and panic arises, "What's wrong? Did I say something?" Jena then bawls her eyes out, hugging her older sister, "I don't deserve a sister like you." She kept on saying, "You're too kind Jane." Jena said between her sobs. Jane caresses Jena's back, calming her down, "I, am the one who don't deserve having you." She smiles to the hug, "Look at you, kind, sweet, smart, caring, and of course, beautiful." Jane pats her head, fixing Jena's hair here and there.

Jena laughs from the compliment, "Thanks." She wipes her tears, "But you do know that you're indirectly complimenting you own looks when you said that I look beautiful?" Jane laughs and sush-ed her, "I'm kidding Jane." Jena got up from her bed and closes her macbook, setting it aside. "Now get out of my room, I want to sleep." Jane sat there and pouts, following Jena to her bathroom. She watches her sister wash her hands from the butter silently, then proceeds to huff once more, "Can't I just sleep with you? For old times sake." Jane hugs the plush sitting on the bed.

Jena stares at her sister, face full of contemplation, before beaming into a smile. "Why not?" She jumps into bed and cuddles with Jane, "Thank you for being here, Jena." Jane mumbles before falling asleep. "I won't leave you ever again, don't worry." Jena replies and closes her eyes to sleep.
🌱
i'm sorry for not updating for almost two weeks :<

but that aside, what do you think of the two sister's interaction? What do you want to see more of? Let me know hehe💚

and as always, stay safe loves