46 // boulder block

Wooyoung had explained everything to Jena, how he was sitting near the lake, his insomnia kicking in once again, how he heard everything Yeoreum said, and how Yeoreum purposely fell, knowing for sure that Yunho will come to the lake as per her request. "I'm really sorry Jen, for being mean— no, a jerk, to you and the rest." He looks down, fiddling with his fingers. Jena reassured Wooyoung that everything's fine, that he wouldn't need to apologize to her, since we all know how bitchy and fake Yeoreum could be. The both of them had returned to their cabins at two, unable to get sleep, Wooyoung was kept awake from all the shocking facts he learnt that night, while the girl is concerned on what will happen during the day.

They were obliged to wake at five in the morning, getting some exercise around the lodging. Haera and Jena changed into a more suitable outfit and met up with the other girls, and boys, including Wooyoung. Yeosang had clearly tensed up when he saw the culprit to the bruised cheek he has, a fist forming, but before there could be any fistfights breaking out, Jena had explained the night's event to them, all of them obviously raged out. "What is that bitch planning this time for goodness sake." Jane rubs her temples, frustrated at how attention deprived Yeoreum is.  Jena knows that her parents won't sit still, knowing that their 'precious' daughter fell into a lake and is now in the hospital.

And just like what she had predicted, the teachers called her after breakfast, questioning her, but to Jena it felt more of like an interrogation. Mrs. Dan tried to squeeze every detail possible from Jena, sometimes trying to drive her into a corner. The smart Jena obviously notices this, the change in the attitude, intonations, strains on her facial expression, it all leads into one conclusion, "I'm sorry Mrs, but are you trying to imply that I pushed Yeoreum in?" Jena crosses her arms, trying to stop her from beating around the bush too much. "No, I'm not." The female teacher denies, shaking her head and leaning backwards. "Then stop trying to push me into a corner, I've told you everything that happened that night, from my prespective."

Jena was about to stood up when Mr. Yoo interrupts, telling her to sit down, "Look, Ms. Shin, I will be straightforward with you." He took the seat across Jena, beside Mrs. Dan, "Ms. Lee's parents told us that you had bad history with Ms. Lee, and they are suspicious that you purposely tried to harm her." He brought his hands together, pressing it. "We also find it odd, but there are no evidence to back it up, if you insist that she purposely fell, we will relay the message to her parents, so they can take the next measure." Jena scoffs, not believing what she had heard. This school is really changing this kid, going from a quiet, calm and harmless, into one that would do anything to put a drop of poison into your food.

"Did they even explain what kind of 'bad history' Yeoreum and I have?" Jena quotes. Mr. Yoo fixes his glasses, "No, they didn't wish to disclose it." Jena leans forward, grabbing both of the adult's attention, "Because the truth will only do harm to their side, sir." She said, "Did you know why Lee Yeoreum was expelled from her middle school?" The two shake their heads, "No we don't, the principa—" "It's because of bullying problems, she was, and still is, a bully." Jena nods, disclosing the reason why. Mrs. Dan had an obvious shock on her face, while Mr. Yoo kept a straight expression, "And I, was her victim." Jena points to herself, "So use that to decide your next move, I'll be going sir, ma'am."

Jena stepped out of the dining halls, greeted by her friends and siblings. They all knew that this was bound to happen, how Jang Gyuri is a petty woman, holding back grudges ever since her daughter got expelled from school. "Seriously, what is her problem?" Sehui scoffs, disgusted by the whole situation Jena is in. They had split up with the rest, wanting to take a stroll by themselves. "You see, this is where I was," Jena points to the boulder, from last night. "I was sitting there, waiting for Yeoreum because of, you know." The two girls approached the big rock, Jena explaining what happened that night, once again. "And both Wooyoung and you didn't record anything?" Jena shakes her head, "It was unexpected, and Wooyoung was never suspicious of her in the first place."

The two girls then approached a bench, beside the boulder, consumed in their own thoughts. They sat in silence, staring far at the horizon, the sun at it's peek, when suddenly, something glistens from the side of Sehui's eyes. "What is that?" In a bush, not far from the boulder, was something shiny and rectangular, "That's, a phone?" Sehui stood up and approached it, reaching her hand inside, grabbing the phone and pulling it out. "This looks somewhat familiar." Jena grabbed the phone, examining it by turning it around, "It's screen protector cracked, and the phone ran out of batteries." She said when she tried to turn it on. Sehui stares at it, finding the phone also very familiar, "I guess we should give it to the teac—" Jena was about to stand up when Sehui grabs her arm, "Yeoreum's" She said, "That's Yeoreum's phone."

Jackpot

Bothe Jena and Sehui stares at each other, both of them thinking the same thing. "She must've thrown it away, before she approached me." Jena shout whispered, "That's why it's cracked!" Sehui adds, "She didn't want her phone to get broken, that's why she discarded it." Sehui and Jena rushed to the former's room, grabbing the charger. "Yeoreum hasn't changed her phone since middle school, because of all the 'juicy' stuff in it." Sehui shakes her head, including the taboo video of Jena. "I should really delete it." Sehui sighs, plugging the phone in.

They waited a couple of minutes, and finally, the familiar Apple logo showed, then changing to Yeoreum's face. Sehui got her hands on the phone, wanting to unlock it, "Crap." She said, looking back at Jena.

"It's locked."
🌱
trust me it gets better the next chapter ahahahahahah💚

and happy birthday fullsun☀️💚