32 // that female

"Lee Yeoreum."

The devil's incarnation chuckles and took a step forward. "Nice too see you again," She extends a hand, waiting for the scared girl to grab it, but as she expects, Jena never reached out for it, ignoring the hand. "Oh come on, you won't even greet a friend now?" Yeoreum lowers her hand, setting it on her side. "But then again, nice to meet you, Jeong Yunho." Yeoreum turns and smiles toward him, "I see that you've grown way taller now." She runs her eyes up and down, from the tip of his head to the ends of his toes. Yunho got the chills from her, not believing that Yeoreum used to be—

"How did you know her?" Jena asks, gripping his hand tighter, now that her source of all problems is standing right in front of her, proving that she really did saw Lee Yeoreum and her mini squad of devils that day. "You don't know?" Yeoreum answers, more like, questions back, instead, "He used to follow me around, like a puppy." She points her uselessly terrifying long perfectly manicured nails to Yunho, "I am his first love, and his first girlfriend." Yeoreum really did have a way with her words, who knows that such simple fact would be like a stab to her heart, punch to her stomach, and a brick to her head. Jena's headache got worse, and her vision starts to cloud, breathing got unstable and she starts to tremble.

"I need to use the bathroom real quick." Jena detaches her hand from Yunho's and took off, hands fumbling with her bag, trying to get her meds out. "Jen—" Yunho was about to go after her, but Yeoreum held his wrist tightly, holding him back. "What are you doing?!" Yunho uses his other hand to open her grip on his wrist, "We haven't seen each other in years, Yunho bear, how about we talk like we used to do." Yunho scoffs, still trying to pry her hand off his, "Come on, you don't want Gunho to be sad right? His favorite Noona is being treated like this." Yeoreum pouts, obviously testing his patience.

Yunho took Yeoreum's wrist, and tugs it hard, releasing the grip. "Don't you dare, talk about him." Yunho went off to the direction where Jena ran to, not even sparing Yeoreum another glance. "I found you, finally." Yeoreum chuckles and walks away, "Time for round two, My dearest Jennie." She took her phone out, sending the news to her equally as bad group of friends, the group chat went on fire, excited, on what the future might hold.

"Excuse me sir, have you seen a girl this tall?" Yunho was desperate to find her, he has been describing how Jena looks to people here and there, hoping to spot her anywhere in the large park. He ran her and there, checks on every bathroom, more like asked for the janitor to do it, but the result is nothing. "Where are you?" He took his phone and calls her, again and again, the phone rings but then got cut off, the second time he calls her, the annoying lady told him that her phone was off or out of reach. Yunho got frustrated, can't help but worry for Jena's well being.

The girl, on the other hand, was sitting on a bench, moments before Yunho ran after her. She had taken her meds, calming herself down, trying to hold her tears back, but eventually can't. "Stupid, stupid, stupid Yunho." She buries her head into her hands, "But more stupid me." Messing her hair, she tries her best not to scream, since it's a public place. "Princess?" Jena looks up to the source of the voice. "Hendery?" The boy looks surprised, "Why are you crying?" He sat down beside her, hugging her sideways, but that made Jena cry harder. She engulfs him into a hug, sniffling on his shirt.

"Let's get out of here, yeah?" Hendery guides Jena to his car, opening the door for her. "Do you want to go home?" Hendery revs the engine, offering her a water bottle. Jena shakes her head, telling him to drive her to Sehui's house instead. "Are you not even curious on why I'm crying?" Jena wipes her tears, still trying to calm herself down. Hendery shakes his head, "A gentlemen should never try to pry into a lady's business, she will tell him when she wants to." He smiles, "Or at least that's what Father always says to me and Xuxi." He sighs, "Believe me, I'm dying to know, but it's not my place." He said.

Jena smiles slightly, "Thank you." Hendery just smiles back, driving away silently from the park, Jena's sobs filling it instead. She had called Sehui on the way, the latter obviously panicking on the fact that Jena was crying, and she never cries, unless it has something to do with her slightly taboo past. "Thanks for driving her here, Hendery." Sehui thanks the boy who then drove off away from the Seo residence. "Come in Jen, I've prepared your favorite." They went in and Jena greets Mr. and Mrs. Seo who were sitting in the living room.

"Oh Jena dear, what made you cry?" Mrs. Seo stood up, setting her cup of tea down when she saw the mess of a state Jena is in, "Mom! Not now." Sehui whispered, "What?! Jena is crying?!" Youngho pops his head out of the kitchen, "Tell me! Who do I need to beat up?!" He cracks his knuckles, the look on his face contrast with the cute bright pink apron he's wearing, Sehui walked over to him and slaped her brother's back, "Go away Johnny!" She then pulls Jena away into her room, not forgetting to lock it. "So, what's wrong?" Sehui finally asks, offering her the tub of Ben&Jerry's with a concerned look on her face.

Jena bawls out again at the question, "Why? Did he mess up? Was the date shit-like?" Sehui hugs her, trying to calm Jena down. She then proceeds to tell Sehui everything, shoving down the cookie dough endlessly. "And the worst part is that, Yunho never told me anything about them, even though I told him everything about me." Jena's lips quiver, spilling her heart out, the pent up feelings she had kept for the past few moments.

"Was I really not worth of telling the truth?"

"He had the chance to tell me everything when I said her name."

"Does he really like me? Or is he even not over her?"

Seeing Jena like a broken hearted teenager really does amuse Sehui in a way, but the sadness she felt together with her overpowers it. The usually logic thinker Jena is now clouded with emotions that she is reaching for another tub. The same Jena that gave amazing advices when Sehui got heartbroken a few years back, is now sobbing endlessly because of a boy she met not long ago. This rare sight to see really made Sehui realize how big and how deep Jena's feelings are for the boy.

Yunho better explain himself or I will beat him with my collection of baseball bats.
🌱
i want johnny as a brother :<