48 // endless chain

The rest of the trip was fun and all, friendships that were in the verge of breaking was thankfully mended back together, and speaking of back together, Seonghwa and Sehui went back to dating each other, both admitting that they still have feelings for the other. Yunho and Jena's relationship were pretty good, not as comfortable as before since the boy still feels guilty towards her, which she had reassured countless of times that it's fine. Wooyoung and Yeosang became friends again, putting the misunderstanding behind them and starting on acting like the childhood friends they are. Everything was going on smoothly, except for the fact that Lee Yeoreum was still picking on Jena's back.

When she found out her phone missing, Yeoreum was frantic, telling the lodge workers to look for it, the blackmail materials she has, and all of her inhumane deeds kept in that rectangular technology. Jena and Sehui has not yet had the chance to meet Johnny's friend, Ten, since the guy was still overseas, visiting his family in Thailand. Luckily, Johnny had informed them that Ten was going back to Seoul in three days, and will help them with their problem. The Lee family had made some unexpected visits to the school, asking for an investigation for the corresponding case. The principal was even forced to call Jena to his office, Jang Gyuri threatening her to 'confess' what she had done. Jena dealt with the situation calmly, giving rebuttals for the other side's logic-less arguments, she had shown them the text she got from Lee Yeoreum that night, even though it was not enough to 'prove her innocence' the police (whom Jang Gyuri had brought all over to KQ) denied on investigating this 'attempted murder' on Jena.

Jena was now hanging over at the Seo residence, eating dinner, she might stay the night, missing the days where the two would have sleepovers. "Oh, by the way," Johnny held his spatula, pointing it towards the two girls, "Ten is back in Seoul, he'll come over tomorrow." Youngho smiled at them, making another batch of fried sausages, weird thing to eat for dinner, for Mr. Seo. "Speaking of which," The two girls left the dining table, into Sehui's room, "No progress with Yunho?" They sat on the bed, Jena shakes her head, "He's trying to be less awkward though, it's hard for him to pretend that nothing happened." She shrugs.

They decided to skip studying for the night, Sehui being tired of looking at her book, wanting to do something else instead. "Yo, I have a question." Sehui propped herself to her elbows, grabbing Jena's attention from her phone, "What would you do if anyone, anyone finds out that you switched with Jane last year?" Jena ponders for a while, before raising her shoulders, "It won't do me no harm, actually, speaking from the legalit—" Sehui sighs, shaking her head, "I mean, the reactions, if they are disappointed at you, or mad, or even worse report Jane for cheating." Jena kept quiet for a while, "Depends on who it is, I would be very much sad if my parents find out, they would be so disappointed." Jena presses her lips into a straight line, "but if it's anyone random at school, I won't care."

Sehui looks at Jena for a while, "But if they report it to the teachers?" She raised an eyebrow, "Then they need proof, which I am very sure, they won't have." Jena rebuts once again, "For someone that was once the debate club's president, you suck at arguing." Jena laughs, fingers busy replying to the series of texts Yunho had sent her. "Aren't you gonna tell the boys one day? Or just Yunho, even." Sehui said, in a small voice. "I don't know Hui, it's partly not my secret to begin with. I just happen to be involved." If the news of them switching ever gets out, then it would do Jane a bigger harm, rather than Jena.

The conversation continued on until late night, before they decided to take a rest, sticking to the eight hours of sleep thing they believe. When the sun rises, Sehui was already up from her bed, went down the stairs to find her parents sitting on the chairs at the dining area, clad in their working attire while eating their usual breakfast, "It's Saturday, though?" Sehui checked the calendar, then proceeded to grab a glass of water. "Something urgent came up at work, we need to leave. Bye sweetie." Mrs. Seo pecked Sehui's forehead, "You girls could just order in or take a quick drive to a café near here, and wake Youngho up!" Mrs. Seo disappeared from the front door, her husband pulling her into the car.

"Hm? Your parents are working?" Jena appeared from the stairs, rubbing her eyes, "Yeah, urgent things at work." Sehui finished her water and went back upstairs, barging into her brother's room, finding him sprawled on the floor. "Johnny! Wake up." She nudges him with her feet. Johnny said that Ten would come later in the evening, leaving plenty of time for Jena and Sehui. They decided to take a drive to the small café at the area, them friendly with the workers there. "Seriously though, you had enough in middle school, and if life tries to fuck you once again i'll kill it myself." Sehui said, munching on her cinnamon roll, "If you kill life then you'd be killing me indir—" Jena stirs her coffee but got cut of bu Sehui shoving a piece of egg inside her mouth.

Like any normal human being, the two finished eating and went to the car, going back to Sehui's house. "How's Hendery, by the way?" Sehui asked Jena, reminding her of the boy that has not contacted her ever since camp, "I guess he's busy." Jena shrugs. They got into the house, taking a shower, yes they left to the café without showering, and chilled around, waiting for Ten. Sehui and Johnny were in the middle of bickering over something when the boy's phone rang which he picked up immediately. "Ten's here." They introduced themselves and got straight into their main purpose, Yeoreum's phone. They explained shortly why they need the phone to be unlocked, and Ten complies, examining it through his laptop. "Damn," The Thai cursed, "I don't know what she's got in it but security's tight." He sighs and went back on typing stuff.

Ten was still busy with his work, making the girls slowly lose interest and focuses on the TV, MasterChef playing currently. They were drooling over a dish one of the chefs made when a thud was heard, Ten had dropped Yeoreum's phone on the carpet, a horrified look on his face. "Why? What's wrong?" Sehui asked, picking the phone up from the ground, "The phone's owner is a psychopath." Ten said, eyes wide. Sehui went over the contents in the phone, Jena taking interest and peeking over. In it were countless pictures and videos of her bullying, texts of threats and blackmails, and they got to find out that Jena was one of the victims Yeoreum has, varying from school, age, and gender. They realized that what they're facing is not at all something easy, and small.
🌱
i'm backkk hehe

"don't eat my bread

"don't eat my bread."

"don't look down on me."
💚💚