52 // questions & answers

The news travelled throughout the whole area like wildfire, the ones gossiping behind Jena were now supporting her, the girls whose name are still unknown up until this second a.k.a. the ones that tarnished Jena's locker apologized to her, even though it was accepted insincerely, but hey, at least they did so, and Jena's life couldn't get any peaceful, sike. It's finals soon and Jena is drowned in papers, the kids asked her to help them almost everyday and minute, especially now that it's nearing the dreaded week. "I swear to God! If you ask me about this one.more.time. I will feed you to Bibo." Jena points her finger towards Jayden.

Slightly surprised seeing Jena this worked up and frustrated, contrast to what they had seen all those time, the boys went silent, "Who's Bibo?" San whispered to Jane on his left, "Our pet." San nods, "But why would Bibo eat Jayden though?" He whispered again, eyeing Jena that have turned around to teach Wooyoung now, "He's our pet snake, that is." San chokes, literally chokes on air. "You have a pet snake?!" He harshly whispered, moving away slightly. Jane nods, "And a pet tarantula, and also some iguanas, and snapping turtles, they're at Grandma's though." San moved even further, nodding in fear, "You don't happen to have a pet shark, don't you?" Jane pauses from writing, as if she's thinking.

Jane nods, "We're getting one this summer though, Jongho even suggested to name it Wooyoung." Jane laughs while San could only shudder in fear, "I hate sharks." He slightly shuddered, focusing back to his book. "Hwa, please, focus!" Sehui pushed her boyfriend away, the boy had been snuggling up to her the past few hours, "I need to explain this to Jongho!" Before Seonghwa's head could fall on Sehui's shoulder again, the girl stood up making him loose his balance. "Dude, stop it." Hongjoong pokes him with his finger, "You could rest on my shoulder if you wa—" Hongjoong got slapped on his mouth, Seonghwa being the one who did it, leaving him pouting.

"No! No! Not like that you stupid ass!" Yeosang slams his book closed, shaking his head at what Mingi had wrote, "This thing, over here, is not, valid!" He grabs Mingi's pen and crosses out a section, "Redo it." Mingi huffs and glares at Yeosang, "What are you glaring at?!" But soon enough, the coward we all know, whimpers and looks back at his book. "Jen, I don't understand this." Jena felt a tap on her shoulder, "What again?!" She looks back, wanting to hit whoever did that to her, "Oh, Yunho." Okay, she took her words back. "Let me see." Jena took his book and looks over the question he did, "You might want to do this instead though." Jena took Yunho's pen and wrote another equation bellow it. "Woah! You have an answer for everything, Jen." Yunho said, which Jena replies with a set of giggles and nods, "Everything has one as long as the question's right, so why can't this have none?"

Both Wooyoung and Jayden looks at each other, the two of them are and will never escape from being Jena's pupils, nods in sync, "Such discrimination." "That's the fifth time he asked in ten minutes, and she's not angry" "People in love are not fun." "If we ask her now I guarantee you she'll explode." "I never knew my sister was this racist." "Nah dude, she's not that bunker baby. Besides, what does it have to do with race?" Wooyoung looks back at the male Shin, "I don't know bro, that's the only term I know for situations like this." Jayden sat up straight and shrugs. The both of them let their guard down, for the next thing they knew, a rolled up Chemistry book made contact with their heads. "This is why you two kept on asking questions! Focus!" Jena had hit them with her trusty, since-eight-grade book and walked away, leaving the two boys rubbing the spot and glaring at her.

"Cute."

The single word made both Jayden and Wooyoung look at the person saying it, "What?!" "You call that cute?!" Yunho snaps out of his staring, looking at the two boys, "Erm, get back to studying." He looks away and got his pen, marking the things he wants to ask Jena, again. The cycle continues on until it's almost night, Jena getting texts from Haera, also asking her a few stuff she doesn't understand, and also the never changing Wong Lucas. He even called her several times, asking the same thing over and over again, which left Jena hopeless and told Hendery to teach his brother instead.

"Children! It's time to eat!"

Mrs. Shin moved the hotpot from the kitchen's stove to the portable stove on the dining area, preparing a meal for twelve hungry teenagers was not easy, so courtesy to Shin Heejung for that. "Thank your for the meal, Mrs. Shin." The kids dug in, not leaving any grain of rice left, and in only fifteen minutes, they were only left with happy stomachs and empty plates. Not even wary of the time, all of them realized that it is past nine already, them panicking next. Each and everyone of them left one by one, leaving the Shin's residence for the day, promising to comeback tomorrow. Much to Jena's displease.

"I'm staying here." Sehui flops back on the family's couch, leaning in the cushioned furniture comfortably. "I'm showering." Jena says and heads upstairs, leaving the girl on the living room alone. She finished showering and found her best friend now moved and sprawled over on her bed, "Go take a shower Hui, you reek stress." Jena jumps on her bed and pushes Sehui with her foot, her hands grabbing her phone instead. "Geez, fine." Sehui took out some clothes from Jena's closet and went inside the bathroom. Jena checks her messages, some from the students she previously tutored, and some from her friends.

YUNHO
jen im wondering

YUNHO
are you free this
weekend? i need
to go somewhere
and i dont wanna
go alone :<

JENA
hmm

JENA
i cant this weekend

JENA
family things

JENA
sorryy

JENA
ill go w u
sometimes tho

YUNHO
nah its fine

YUNHO
alrite!! u promised
okay

YUNHO
goodnight<3

"What are you doing? Reply to that text now." Sehui knelt beside Jena, seeing that her thumb is hovering silently over the keyboard, seeing the last text Yunho sent. Jena quickly types in a reply and scoots over so that Sehui could lay down on her bed, "Are you going to Yang Taehee's birthday party this weekend?" Sehui shakes her head, "Nope." She said, "What?! Why?" Jena looks away from her phone to Sehui, "The Seos are not invited." Jena furrows her eyebrows, "I thought you keep healthy rivalry?" Sehui shakes her head again, "Yang Apparels lost for last season's collection, you remember?", Jena nods, opening her mouth in an 'o' shape.

"Then I'm sticking with Hendery, I guess." Jena mumbles quietly, texting Hendery back. "Jen, I have a question." Sehui flips over so that she's lying on her belly, "If there is ever a day where you need to choose between Hendery and Yunho," Sehui pauses, "who will you choose?" Jena kept quiet, thinking for quite a while, "In what context? According to my logi—" Sehui shushes her up, "No logic, just your heart. Who will it," She points to Jena's chest, "choose, in the end?"

And for the first time ever, Jena doesn't have an answer for it.
🌱
( o o)