19 // what the

Yunho took Jena to the nearest amusement park he could find. "Aren't these expensive?" Jena asks him when they're standing a few feet from the ticket box. "Hush now, let me treat you to this." Yunho places a finger in front of Jena's lips, shutting her up before she could even utter another word. "And besides, think of it as a gift, for being a wonderful friend." He beams and went up to the counter, conversing with the ticket seller.

Ouch. Friendzoned

Jena stares at his back, blanking out as he goes further into the line. "Are you ready?" Without Jena noticing Yunho has returned with the tickets in his hand. "Let's go." Not even waiting for Jena's reply, he reaches out for her hand and grabs it, pulling Jena to the entrance. While they were waiting for their turn, Yunho kept on bouncing on his legs, a big smile on his lips. "Are you that excited?" Jena asks him, her hand still in his. Yunho nods repeatedly, "What makes you so excited?" Still confused about why the amusement park is that big of a deal, Jena furrows her brows.

She went to the amusement park once, with her whole family when she was eleven. The only remaining memory of the whole trip was the delicious snacks they sell, and even those are available to buy outside the park. Up to this day, Jena doesn't really enjoy rides and games, just because she can't find the thrill in it. "Well first," Yunho holds up a finger, "It's an amusement park." The first reason doesn't make sense to her at all, but she shrugs, motioning for him to continue. "Second," another finger follows, "The rides are amazing, so are the food." Yunho chuckles, drool dripping from the thought of eating.

"I can't argue with that." Jena laughs along, handing her ticket to the staff working. "And lastly, I'm with you." Yunho smiles at her, face so innocent and sincere. Jena blanks out, not noticing that the staff had finished checking her ticket. Yunho laughs and pulls her hand, "What are you waiting for?" Jena stumbles forward, almost knocking over the stand of brochures, "The best date of your life is waiting."

Deciding to put what happened behind her, Jena tries to focus on the fun instead. "Hey! We should get those!" Not even able to see where they're heading before getting pulled, Jena stumbles again as Yunho tugs on their intwined hands. "Hairbands? Those are cringe, and cliché." Jena judges the selection Yunho made, some quite obnoxious that Jena needs to hold back a scoff. "But we're on a date." He pouts, shoulders slouching. "Could you stop saying that this is a date?" Jena sighs, afraid that her heart would fall deeper for this clueless boy. "Oh, sorry." Yunho smiled sheepishly and scratched his cheek. Feeling bad, Jena tried to lighten up the mood instead. "So you did you come here with my sister?" Not being able to hold herself, Jena accidentally spilled what's in her mind.

Stupid! Stupid mouth!

Jena blushes madly, eyes wide after realizing what she had said. Her hands flutter around, trying to explain herself while Yunho opens and closes his mouth a couple of time. "I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to." She might have said it to loud, before toning her volume down a little bit. "No, It's fine. I'm over it anyways." Yunho turns his body and went back to pick other hairbands. "What do you think about this?" Jena shows him a hairband with two small sorting hats on top of it.Yunho turns to see the item in Jena's hands and he beams as the familiar item comes into sight.

He nods excitedly, grabbing one of them and wears it on his head. "Let's pay for them." Yunho took the other one in Jena's hand and puts it on her, tucking a strand of hair while doing so. Jena fumbles with her bag for a while, trying to take her wallet out, "Let me pay Yunho." She extends a card towards the cashier, which Yunho pushed slightly, "No. I'ts 'treat Jena day' today." He gave the cashier two 20.000 won bill instead. The boy took the cash and proceeds with their check out.

Having their hairbands on, Yunho pulls Jena, once again, and went to the nearest map guide. "Which one do you wanna go to?" Yunho examines the map silently, asking for the girl's opinion. "Whichever you want to go first, I guess." Jena shrugs and follows him, examining the map. When Yunho's eyes found a small drawing of the place he wants to go he smiles widely. "Ah!" He had exclaimed, then pulling Jena all over again towards the place. "We're gonna go to the newest rollercoaster that just opened a few days ago!" He explains, sensing that Jena has questions. She kept quiet and nods, not really protesting about his choice.

The queue went long, and when it's their turn, Yunho instantly went for the front row, he might have pushed a couple of people on the way. Jena silently follows him, feeling the adrenaline in her pumping slowly as she looks at the height they're going to be, seeing beyond the protective gates. She sat down and the bar went down on her, "Are you nervous?" Yunho asked, wearing a smile. "N—" "If you are just hold my hand and everything will be fine." In the situation, it seems that Yunho is more nervous than Jena. She laughs in amusement, leaving Yunho's extended hand waiting for her's. Jena gladly took his hand and intwines it.

The cart starts on moving, some hollering heard from behind them. As they reach the top, the squeeze Jena felt on her hand tightens. "Are you okay?" She shouts over the loud noise. Yunho nods and squeezes his eyes shut. It turns out that he isn't fine, a high pitched scream emitted out from his mouth when the first drop came. Instead of screaming in excitement, Jena was laughing her heart out instead, amused by Yunho's act. A loop came and another scream came, along with Jena's series of laughter.

The park might be fun after all, Jeong Yunho