42 // childish championship

The pair walked in full awkwardness, Seonghwa unaware on why they had broken off what used to be a good friendship. The thought that Yeoreum being the reason never entering his head, and for the same reasons, Sehui broke up with him. They had been walking aimlessly for about five minutes until Seonghwa couldn't take the silence anymore. "So, who were you talking to on the phone by the lake?" Out of all topics to talk about, Seonghwa chose that, heck, all of their conversations began because Sehui was their topic, so with Seonghwa not being in a relationship with her, it's just awkward to talk about her.

"Huh?" Jena asks, her leading the path while Seonghwa trails by her back, "We saw you on the phone, you know what, never mind." Seonghwa flaps his hand, a mosquito flying close to his face. "Oh, that." Jena chuckles, "That was only a close friend of mine." Jena answers lightly, not seeing any problem with his curiosity. "So where are we going, exactly?" Seonghwa finally spoke up, clueless onto where they were heading, "Did you really forget what I've been briefing?" Jena stops on track and turns around, putting her hands on her hips.

"Instead of making me the queen, or any other girl in this group, either two of you should do it." Jena points at Jayden and Mark. "Both of you are fast, and athletic, are capable to defend yourselves." The team nods, taking in Jena's opinion, "So the two of you settle down on who's gonna be queen." Jayden nods, looking at Mark, which mirrored his gesture. "Next, we'll be splitting into groups of four, one group of four and the rest in pairs." She brought up ten fingers, folding four and then all six of them together. "The queen is going to be in the group of four, then?" A member of their group, Lia, asked to which Jena shakes her head to. "He's going in a pair," Before the others could complain, Jena quickly interrupts. "Being in a smaller group reduces the chance of meeting other groups, so let the four become a distraction." Jena said, explaining her strategy.

"I've calculated simply on the chances and it's low, a pair meeting groups and such." She held a finger up, "A big group would likely be noisier, and you can easily avoid that, as long as you stay quiet."  Jena said, reminding the group, "And if possible, I would like for the four to grab attention, near the outskirts of the woods, after gaining some, run for your lives, in pairs." That's how the two members of KQ's track and field, and a country cross runner, plus a normal kid got chosen to be in the group of four. "Mark and Jayden, you both split up." Jena points at the two of them, "But why? We can protect each—" "Both of you are noisy when together, point proven?" Jena cuts Jayden off, the lad pursed his lips at his sister's words.

"Lia go with Mark, and Eunbi go with Jayden." Sehui glances at the last person, "And I'll go with Seonghwa." The three pair are going to go in deeper into the woods, Jena making an assumption that the cardboard castles are hidden deeper, "From the dirt stuck on the teacher's boots and the time they needed to get back, it is more likely somewhere far from the lake, where soil is drier and firm." Her teammates didn't even question Jena's observing eyes anymore, as they just nodded in agreement. "Let's win this!" Mark said, bringing their hands in together, doing a cheer.

It has now passed the fifteen minutes mark, and the Seonghwa-Jena pair still hasn't made their encounter with any other groups. "You're right Jen, the chances are low." Seonghwa said when another stunned student is announced all over the woods. Jena was about to reply to Seonghwa when a voice was heard in the distance. "I told you to be careful did I or did I not?!" A guy's voice was shouting at an injured teammate, it seems. "Geez, I'm fine! Just a little scratch on my arm." The teammate replied back, with an equally pissed voice, "I can take care of myself Hyunjin, no need to worry." Sehui, the familiar voice they heard, said again. In a reflex, Seonghwa and Jena flees to the other side, not wanting to have the encounter with Sehui and Hyunjin.

Enough of the awkward situation with Jena and Seonghwa, Jane, who was unluckily selected as her team's queen, is now cornered with her two other remaining teammates. "Run!" One of them shouted at the two. Jane grabs Yeeun's hand, and ran for their lives, jumping over the outgrown roots, and almost slipping from the mud. "I got you!" Yeeun was shot, making her unable to move. "Jang Yeeun, out. Jang Yeeun, out." The megaphones blared, announcing another soldier's fall. "Run Jane!" Luckily for Jane and her experience of running away from people, she got away fast from the other group, then hiding behind a tree.

She kept on looking behind it, checking if there was anyone who was following her, but none, much to her satisfaction. The relief made her lower her guard down, because the next thing she knew, Jane was on the ground, with a possibly sprained ankle, someone had pushed her harshly. "I found you, Jennie." Soon after, colored liquid was sprayed to her face, intentionally. What Yeoreum expected to be the girl's reaction didn't happen at all, for the sprawled girl wipes her face, looks up and glares at her, "What the fuck is wrong with you?" She said, and Yeoreum squints her eyes, "You wouldn't want say that to me Shin Jen—" "Queen Shin Jane, out. Queen Shin Jane, out. Destroy the castle and the team loses." And in an instant, the situation flips 180, "You crazy bitch." Jane stood up, pushing Yeoreum by her shoulder with her finger, making the girl stumble. "You though I was my sister, don't you?" Jane inches closer to her, ignoring the pain in her ankle, "Well listen to me," She uses her dirt covered finger to point at Yeoreum.

"You touch her, I'll drag you to hell myself."
🌱
probably one of the scenes that i really like and i'm proud of <(  ^ ,^ )> hehe

i finished my finals and now happy :>