11 // new face

Jena's whole family actually did question the girl's sudden decision, but being the baby of the family, the Shins decided to agree along with it.

"I feel like in Wonderland, I won't grow into something even more."

"I can achieve my grades without Wonderland that's why I want to look for a new experience."

That's what Jena had said to coax her parents into it. But it is partially the reason why she wants to. The girl had spent all night debating her choices of moving, but as she feels she's getting restricted back in her school, Jena decided to go for it.

It is currently Monday morning and Jena is packing her school supplies up. She threw on a classic skinny jeans topped with her usual favorite graphic tee she might have worn too much. Slipping on some simple kicks, Jena is ready to go. "I can't believe that We would be going to the same school baby, after all these years." Jane declined Yeosang's offer on giving her a ride and decided to take her own car to school.

Jena smiled thinly, guilt eating her alive for the fact that her motivation to move schools is because of her sister's boyfriend. "Yeah." Jena could only manage to let that out, head looking down. "There are too many jealous kids back at Wonderland." Jena explained over again. As she rants about that one time when her notes were all covered in water because some students don't want her achieving the top rank again, the both of them arrived at KQ High.

"This is officially it!" Jane unbuckles her seatbelt and faced her sister, "Shin Jena's official first day at KQ High." Jena retrieved her bag and went out of the car, the bright sun greeting her. All of the students stared obnoxiously at the bright yellow car.

"That's Jane?"

"She looks slightly different you know."

"Maybe she did something? To her face I mean."

"Ugh, attention seeking bitch is here."

Jena heard all sorts of whisper throughout the school field, which turned to whispers of confusion when Jane exited in her usual attire.

"Wait, what?"

"Two Janes?! I can barely handle one."

"A doppelgänger? Or a secret evil twin?"

Jane smiled knowingly to her sister, a stare telling her to get used to it. "Could all of you at least try to whisper the correct way? My sister and I can hear all of you, you know." Jane said loudly, sush-ing the whole student body up. "Thank you, rats." Jane locked her car and strides towards the administration office, Jena following quietly beside her.

The both of them arrived, got things sorted out, and made their way to their respective classes. "This is where we part, baby." Jane pulled Jena for a hug, "please survive your first day in KQ." Jena broke the hug and laughed. "I think you should be more worried about yourself and your grades Jane." She fixed the strap of her backpack, "since, you know." Jena came in closer to Jane's ear, "I can't substitute for you any longer."

Jane slapped Jena on the arm, "I won't be needing any of that anymore, I mean, you're here now." Jane pushed Jena away, urging her to go to her class. As Jena looks for the grade 11-1 classroom, she gave herself a small pep talk, "Focus, Jen, focus." When she finally reached the door, Jena gave herself a nod of determination. "Come in!" The teacher's voice could be clearly heard when Jena knocked on the door.

When she opens it, the teacher whom she recognizes as Mr. Yoo, Jane's previously annoying homeroom teacher, sighs in despair. "First day of school and you're already late?" He pinches the bridge of his nose, "you better not repeat this Shin Jane." Mr. Yoo looks down to his class attendance book, with his pen ready to tick the 'late' box on Jane's name but found none. "You are not even in this class! What are you doing here?" Mr. Yoo looks up to the girl.

Jena purses her lips in awkwardness, "I am actually Shin Jena sir, Jane's twin sister." Jena confesses. A wave of confusion washes over the old man. "Oh." He said, looking down on the absence sheet to find the said name. "You are Shin Jena." Jena nods slowly, confirming it.

Mr. Yoo then told the girl to get closer to the center instead of standing by the door like an idiot. "My name is Shin Jena, you can call me Jen or Jena if you like." Jena fiddled with her fingers in awkwardness, "I am the infamous twin sister of Shin Jane, so you might confuse me as her. I hope we will get along well." Jena finishes her introduction with a small bow, then making her way over to her seat.

After homeroom is over, students crowded Jena's table, drowning her with questions making Jena feel overwhelmed by the amount of students talking at the same time. "Alright friends. I think it's time for you to yeet yourselves." A voice broke through the circle. As the person made his way over to Jena's table, the crowd slowly dispersed.

The familiar face showed up in front of Jena. "Oh S—" Jena cut herself when she was about to say his name. "Hi Jane's sister. My name is San." He introduced himself, "nice to meet you." Jena gladly shook his hand, having a proper introduction this time. "I'm Jena, nice to meet you too." She smiled back

San sat on the chair in front of her desk, facing the girl. "I assume you don't have anyone to eat lunch with?" San played around with Jena's pencil, twirling it. "Actually yes, I do." Jena said, having her sister in mind. "I don't think Jane's friends would want any 'outsider' in their table, no offense." San quoted, "They are like this one exclusive group in the school."

Jena tilts her head, feeling confused, "Then what about you San? Are you exclusive?" San smiled, dimples showing, "Nope," he pops the 'p', "that's why I'm inviting you to lunch together." Jena was contemplating about the offer when her phone rang, "let me take this first okay?" Jena lifted her classic purple phone and took the call.

"Yeah Hui?"

"Together?"

"Actually would you mind if we join someone?"

"Excellent."

Those were the words Jena had spoken to the phone, the exact phone San finds very familiar. "We will join your table San." Jena said, snapping the boy's thoughts off, "We?" San made eye contact with Jena, eyebrows furrowing. "My best friend, Sehui, is joining." Jena explained.

San grinned and stood up, leaving the chair behind him. "See you at lunch then, cutie." He grabbed Jena's chin and proceeded to walk away.

Well that was fun