33 // sickest duo

Jena ends up staying for the night, wearing her left behind clothes to sleep in, even though they're supposed to sleep, they ended up talking about, yes you guessed it, world's inventions. They were too loud that Johnny woke up and even told them to be quiet, but that didn't end well since he joined in the conversation, the topic switched lanes to philosophy somehow.

Jena had turned off her phone, ignoring the series of spam messages and calls from Yunho and the boys. Sehui did tell Jane about her stay, and the latter spread the news to the boys to minimize their worry. Jena really needed that sleepover, she de-stressed herself from the recents encounter with someone she never asked for. "Thanks for the cookies Johnny!" Jena got out of their front door, raising the baked goods Johnny just made for the family, "See you guys soon!" Jena waves to the family of four and enters her mom's car. Mrs. Shin rolls down the window, thanking the family and invited them for dinner sometimes. "I'll look forward to it Heejung-ssi!" Mrs. Seo waves back.

The ride back home was silent, none of the mother daughter pair said anything. "Jena dear," Mrs. Shin finally talks, "Do you want to go shopping with mom?" Jena looks at her mom, surprised at the sudden request, but then understood what she meant by it. "Yeah." The car sped off towards a shopping mall the family frequently visits. The two of them got out and starts on walking, Jena contemplating whether to tell or to not tell. Her mom had been the best support pillar for Jena, understanding, rational, and wise, but it was too overwhelming for her to refresh her memories from yesterday. "It's fine to not tell me now dear, I am and will always be here for you." Mrs. Shin held Jena's hand, upon seeing the conflicted expression on her daughter's face.

Jena smiles, "Thanks mom," Mrs. Shin then proceeds to pull her into a store, "Let's get something for your father's birthday." Jena had been to caught up in her private life that she forgot about her old man's birthday just like that, "What? You forgot?" Mrs. Shin laughs and strokes her head, "I won't tell." She winks and walks deeper into the department store. They ended up buying a new pair of dress shoes and a new vinyl record player to replace Mr. Shin's 28 years old sweetheart. "I might just break that piece of wood someday." Jena laughs at how jealous her mom got over something trivial, something that Mr. Shin gave more attention to.

With a hand holding the cardboard containing her dad's soon to be new lover tightly and the other one linked with her mom's, Jena pulled her mom into a restaurant she had been dying to go to. They luckily got a table in the midst of customers waiting, after ordering their food, the two of them waited while talking about the stock market, Mrs. Shin laughing once in a while, taken aback on how Jena is keeping an eye on her business. "I didn't know that my daughter is this smart." Mrs. Shin caressed Jena's hand, a soft smile playing on her lips.

"Is that you, Heejung-ssi?"

The elder looks to the side, eyes searching for the one who had called her. Facial expression not even changing once she realized who called her, "Jang Gyuri, long time no see." She greets, "and your never changing daughter. Hello, Yeoreum." Jena tenses up, hearing the two names leave her mom's lips. Jena turns her head slowly, eyes finally meeting the dreaded beings. "What are you doing here?" Mrs. Jang asked. As much as Jena fears that person, she wants to laugh to her face.

We're in a restaurant, what do you think we're doing? Getting our hairs done?

"My daughter and I were about to eat," Mrs. Shin calmly answers, judging from her slight change in expression, Jena knows that her mom is thinking the exact same thing. "Oh! Great then, we can join your table." Mrs. Jang made her way forward, closer to their table, not being able to say anything to this obnoxious human being, her old husband being the reason behind it, Mrs. Shin stood up and sat beside Jena instead. "Which daughter is this?" Jang Gyuri said as she took her seat across Jena, "This is Jena mom, why can't you tell them apart?" Yeoreum answers for the mother-daughter duo.

Not wanting to even correct her manners, Mrs. Shin just sat there, forcing out an awkward smile. "I heard that you got into Wonderland? Is that true?" Mrs. Jang said again. Mrs. Shin, taking the hint that Jena is really not in the mood to talk, replies instead, "Yes, Gyuri-ssi, but she actually transferred to KQ last semester." Mrs. Shin said, hoping to avoid more questions, but knowing this annoying woman, more questions followed, especially on why she transferred. Jang Gyuri kept on going about it, asking if she got kicked out, blabbering about this and that.

Jena, on the other hand, was slowly getting sick and tired of it, she wanted to get out of that place as soon as possible, but the fact that Lee Yeoreum is staring at her made her motionless and weak. "Jena." Yeoreum calls, making sure to nudge her leg underneath the table, making her look up. "Oh! Speaking about schools, I finally found a school for Yeoreum," Jang Gyuri interrupts, now that she heard her daughter speak. "Really? Where is it?" Mrs. Shin aksed with false enthusiasm. "With the awful record your daughter left for mine, almost no school wanted to accept her, but luckily, KQ does." Mrs. Jang points at Jena, with the same look she had when both parties were called by the principal years back.

"So Jena, you better be a good friend to Yeoreum, okay?"

Jena's stomach drops, her breathing slowly becoming unstable and vision unclear, fearing that history would repeat itself. Mrs. Shin senses the panic attack coming and stood up, pulling her daughter with her, "I'm sorry but there's an emergency back home." Without even hearing their reply, Mrs. Shin made her way to the counter to pay, Jena following while trembling. She waited for her mother while clenching her hands tightly, unknowingly looking back at their table, and made eye contact with that sick girl.

I'm making your life hell. My dearest Jennie.

Yeoreum managed to mouth that to her, with the sweetest yet sickest smile ever. Jena's breath hitched and she steps back, grabbing her mom's shirt. Mrs. Shin then got out of the restaurant and to the parking lot, knowing that her daughter can't take it anymore. "I'm so sorry honey, We should've left the moment I saw them." Jena sat on the passenger seat, face pale. It's just her luck, meeting Yeoreum two days in a row, now she needs to face her almost everyday, and just the thought of it makes Jena want to puke.

"I'm so scared, mom."

"Help me."
🌱
i regret creating yeoreum and gyuri why did i do that :<