53 // we're perfect

This Saturday would probably be the most stressful one for Jena, Yang Taehee's party is an hour away and the Shin's youngest is not even close to being ready yet, she hasn't even realized that she should be getting ready by then. "Jena, honey!" Her door bursts ope, revealing her mother all dolled up, "What in the world?" The older mumbles as she sees her daughter lying on her bed, playing with her Nintendo Switch. "Why do you still look like a beast?" Mrs. Shin approaches the youngest, snatching the Switch out of her hands. "Mom!" Jena reached her hands out to grab her device back. "You have ten minutes to get ready! We'll be leaving soon for the Yang's party." Jena's mouth opens wide, the long forgotten agenda coming back to her.

She scrambles up to her feet and grabs a random dress, which still looks decent for a formal and big party, and got ready. Fifteen minutes in and the youngest in the Shin household is all dressed up and ready to go, "I'm sorry I forgot about this." She said after getting into the car, "I would rather like it if Mom forgets about it instead." Jayden rolls his eyes while mumbling. Like usual, the two grumpy pants were dragged into this thing, both Jane and Jayden had things to do, more like, had things they wanted to do, but got interrupted and dragged to the party instead.

Arriving at the banquet hall, the usual stuff happens, their limo was taken by the valets, then the event organizers escorted them into the hall where they will meet everyone else. Thanks to Jena, the Shin family is a little bit late than the other family, but just like what every other party is, the event will of course get pushed back. Not surprisingly, Jane already walked towards the Yoon family, talking with Danbi, while Jayden has ran off to no one knows where, "Jena!" Hendery spots the girl and walks towards her and her family. "Dery! Nice to see you here!" The boy greets the rest of the Shin family, "I suppose that I can trust my daughter with you, Kunhang." Mr. Shin pats his shoulder and walks away, leaving Jena with Hendery.

They stood there in the middle of the hall, "This reminds me of our very first encounter at a party." Hendery laughs, "What are you implying, Wong? Running away again?" Jena crosses exposed her arms, "Shall we?" Hendery plays along before bursting into laughter, "Last time I did that, the whole family was sent into panic seeing one of their son missing." Hendery said, shaking his head, "Dad gave me a good hearing for that." their laughter subdued slowly, leaving a warm silence between the two. "So no running away then?" Jena teases, and Hendery nods, chuckling. "Unless you want to hear my dad say, 'Off with his head!' after finding out we ran," He snorts, "Some said that Dad looked like the male version of the Queen of Hearts."

Jena chuckles, pointing at herself, "That's me, I'm some." Realizing that the both of them are literally in the middle of people's way, they moved away to the sides to grab some drinks. "Hey, isn't that one of your friends?" Hendery points towards the other end of the room, "Oh, Yeah." Jena's eyes follows his fingers and ends up on the familiar handsome face of Kang Yeosang, with his parents and, a girl? His friend? Lover? Jena doesn't know but she certainly doesn't care. "And isn't that the ambiguous giant of yours?" Hendery's hand moved and lands on the other familiar face of Jeong Yunho, standing alone in the crowd, styled in a black suit.

Jena looks at him for quite a while, wondering on why he would attend this kind of party, the last time she knew, the Jeongs had no relation with these type of conglomerates, them from the middle working class. It seems that the gaze was strong enough that Yunho looked back, the mild expression of taken aback displayed on his face, seeing Jena across the ballroom... with a man on her side. Yunho was about to walk to their side but then the lights went off, cutting Jena's field of vision, "Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you, the youngest daughter of Yang Apparels' family, the main star tonight, Yang Taehee!"

The spotlights shun upon a girl clad in a fiery red dress standing on top of the stage, smiling. The lights slowly turned back on, the room still dim but clear enough to see, "I need to talk to you." without Jena even noticing, Yunho was already standing in front of her, grabbing ahold of her wrist and drags her somewhere private, ignoring Hendery beside her. They stoped at an empty hallway outside of the hall, facing each other, Jena could clearly see the look on Yunho's face, it was, unexplainable, "I thought you had family business?" Yunho starts, "This is, family business." Jena answers, "I don't see your family there, Jen. You were with that boy." Yunho said again, "They were there, Yunho, Hendery was just keeping me company." Yunho stayed quiet for a while, staring into Jena's eyes before sighing.

Jena furrows her eyebrows, "Why? What's wrong?" She asked, "No, nothing." Tension was clear between the two, a sudden one that had came out from who-knows-where, "Do you not like it when Hendery's with me?" Jena asks again. Yunho paused for a while, "Yes." He answers shortly, "I don't" Jena subconsciously frowns, not understanding the logic behind it, "Why? We're just friends though." Yunho shakes his head, "I just—" a sigh, "I don't like it, okay."  Maintaining her facial expression as before, Jena pestered more, "Why? I don't understand." Seeing that Yunho stayed quiet, Jena felt unsatisfied. "I don't see any problem with us being friends and such, Hendery's such a good fri—"

"I feel inferior okay!"

The hallway was silent, but after Yunho raised his voice, it felt like it's dead. "Hendery's handsome, rich, mannered, smart, disciplined, everything that a prince charming is." He said, "Everything, that I'm not." Yunho lowers down his voice, seeing that Jena got startled, "I'm scared that you would leave me for him one day, because he is every men's good quality, while I'm nothing but an asshole." He said, confessing his feelings. "He's who you need, while I'm the one who you don't need." Jena's frown grows deeper, "Who says?" Yunho slowly looks up towards Jena, "He might be prince charming, little Mr. Prefect, but he's not the one I fell in love with." Yunho was taken aback, this girl still has feelings for him after all that he had done to her, I don't deserve her, he thought.

From there, everything was in a blur, because the next thing he knew, their lips met.
🌱

200626 wooyoung superior