16 // prince charming

"Move homegirl, let me show you how it's done." Hendery then shoves Jena with his butt so the machine is under his full control. Jena scoffed, annoyed by the sudden appearance of this new character. "I see that you've been trying to get that Totoro doll." Hendery pursed his lips and bent down to an eye level with the doll. "And me, being the nice charming person I am, will get it for you princess." Jena's face can't help but to redden at the nickname, she was sure not used to the new nickname, and from a complete stranger.

He would be a total heartthrob for me if he wasn't such an asshole

Hendery mutters a few words under his breath, while moving the joystick. "Yes! I got it!" Hendery jumps in place, bent down to retrieve the plushie and hands it to Jena, "and that, is how to dominate the claw machine princess." Jena eyed the boy and snatched the doll, muttering a small 'thanks'. What Jena thought to be their last interaction was only the beginning for Hendery seemed to take a quite liking to the girl. "So, what's your name? Or do you want me to keep calling you princess?" Hendery giggled. He followed Jena everywhere Jena went inside the arcade, she even lost interest in the shooting game because Hendery kept on chirping on how this dude 'Johnny' is very good at it.

"Jena would be fine." She said. The both of are sitting on a bench right out of the arcade, munching on some tteokbokki Hendery insisted on buying. "Okay Jena." Hendery sets the cup down on the bench, "Let's be good friends." He extends an arm so Jena can shake it. "Sure?" sounding unsure, Jena grabs the hand and slowly shakes it. "Well, I will see you very soon Jena! Remember my name! It's Hendery! Wong Kunhang! Huang Guanheng! Whatever you want to call me!" Hendery stood up and yells while running away, facing Jena still. He bumps into a man whom he quickly apologized to before standing and waving excitedly towards Jena.

Jena shakes her head and turns around only to be blocked by someone, "Who was that." Since Jena is way shorter than Yunho, all she can see is his chest. Yunho squints at the direction Hendery just took off, arms crossed in front of him. "Never seen him around before." Jena blushed, Yunho bent down and puts his face closely to hers. "Really? He was very comfortable around you though?" Yunho asks.

Jena's face got redder and redder, "W-why? You jealous or something?" She scoffs, turning her face away. "No? Why would I?" Yunho straightens his back, the tips of his ears now flushing with blood. "It's just fun to tease you, that's all." He puffs his cheeks out. "Come on! Let's play together." Yunho's hands subconsciously grabs Jena's and he pulled her in with him. Jena tries her best to ignore the growing red of her cheeks as she picks a game to play. "Show me 'dem skills boy." Jena inserted a few coins and pressed start. Yunho rolls up his sleeves and chuckles, "Challenging the basketball team's captain to a game of basketball huh? Your ass is gonna be beat!" He picks up a ball and threw it, slowly gaining momentum and speed.

Jena was just there cheering him on from the sides, laughing every time Yunho made a distressed remark from missing the shot. "You did great!" Jena gave Yunho a bottle of water she seemed to carry around all the time, "Let's play something you're good at." Yunho gulps the 500ml and threw it in the bin. "Then again, what are you good at?" The both of them wander around the arcade, making a detour when they saw Sehui and Seonghwa having the best time of their lives by whacking the moles. "Studying, I guess?" Jena shrugged, Yunho walked ahead of her and turns around to face Jena.

"Boo you're boring." He stuck a tongue out. "You know what? Let's play DDR." He grabs Jena's hand, once again, and led her through until they reach the machine. "I can't play this though? My head and body coordination are not that friendly towards each other." Jena hesitantly put her bag down. "It's fine, You'll get the hang of it." Yunho confidently steps on the pad , motioning the girl to do the same. Jena took a step and is now standing beside Yunho. "Are you ready?" Which Jena didn't reply to, she was concerned she would make a fool out of herself. I mean, no one wants to look stupid in front of their crush, right?

The first song came and Jena actually did not struggle. Sike. She barely could step right on the beat. Every time a foot presses on a pad, the other foot would stay frozen, not an ideal method of playing DDR. "You were horrible!" Yunho held onto the supporting back bar, wheezing. Jena, once again, flushed madly. "I said I wasn't good at it!" She humphs. "Okay, okay I get it." Yunho grabs Jena's shoulders and shakes her. "Let's do it one more time, okay? And this time, try jumping instead of stepping, it'll help you a lot." Yunho used his feet to select the next music and Jena got her mental ready for the second round of embarrassment.

The song starts and Jena took Yunho's advice, this time she looks like a toddler excited about her ice cream, jumping around. At the end of the song, Jena was a massive disaster, she was out of breath while Yunho looks completely fine. What used to be her previous 'F' is now replaced with a passing 'D' on the screen. "That might've been the lowest grade I've ever got, actually." Jena huffs out. "Out of all things to say, like 'wow I did it' or 'I'll never do this again' you chose to say that." Yunho laughs out loud.

Jena unknowingly, laughed along too. "I don't know, it's an impulse?" She steps down from the pad and gathers her things. "Now let's go to another game!" This time, Jena was the one who grabbed Yunho's hand, and he would be lying if his heart didn't went 'doki doki' at it. After all, Jena surely is adorable