31 // catastrophe factory

After getting questioned endlessly, Jena was finally able to get out of it, avoiding her curious brother and father. Fortunately, after learning that the boy she's going on a date with is the 'handsome-young-man-who-drives-that-really-nice-car-and-is-very-kind', Mr. Shin is more reluctant to let her go. Jayden, on the other hand, seems suspicious, that aura of bad thoughts oozing from her brother. "I'm telling you! Don't follow me today or I will never do your homework anymore!" Jena points at her glaring brother, his hair tied on top of his head making him look cuter rather than intimidating. "Fine! But if he hurts you, or if you need to get out of there just call me."

Jena went out off the front door and got into Yunho's car, who apparently had been waiting for her. After getting in, the front door opens slightly and the Shin family peeks their heads out. "Have fun my dear baby girl!" Mrs. Shin shouts, "Treat my precious cupcake well, Yunho!" Her husband follows. Jena rolls down the window and shoo-ed them away, getting embarrassed. "I'm sorry for them," Jena wore her seatbelt and Yunho shakes his head, telling her it's fine, "So, where are we going now?" Jena sets her hands on her thigh, looking outside.

Yunho kept mum, as if he's thinking, "Don't tell me you haven't thought about it?" Jena turns her head towards him after not hearing a reply, "No! I were just debating between going to the cinema or strolling around the park, I mean, it's spring." Yunho says, "Let's go to the park, I want to eat hotdogs." Jena decides, her belly craving for some food. "Should my wallet be concerned with the fact that you said 'hotdogs'?" Yunho chuckles, making his way to the largest park in the area. Jena scoffs and crosses her arms, "I'm paying for my own food you know! You don't need to be worried." She pursed her lips and looks forward.

The ride was filled with the soft music from Yunho's favorite radio station, but then again, who doesn't like 37.5 MHz Haechan Radio? "This dude has a really nice talking voice." Jena says, hearing SunD's voice for the first time. "I have a really nice voice too you know." Yunho defenses, "I hAVe a rEAlly nICe vOIcE tOo yOU kNoW." Jena teases, He clicks his tongue and reaches to change the channel. "No! Don't, I'm just kidding," She reaches for Yunho's extended hand, "Don't tell me you're jealous of a man I've never met before?" Jena raises her eyebrows and Yunho retracts his hand, shaking his head and sighs, "Of course not, I'm better than him."

Time passes on and before they knew it, they had arrived at the park. Jena got out of her seat before Yunho even had the chance to get out of his, ruining his original plan of opening the door for her, proofing that chivalry isn't dead. He scratches his head awkwardly when the tables have turned, Jena opened his door, gesturing for him to get out fast. Her face shows indescribable hunger and as soon as Yunho stands on the ground, she reached for his hand and pulls him away to the nearest station.

"Hello sir." She greets the owner cheerfully, reaching to her sling bag to get her wallet out, "Two hotdogs please, with many ketchup." Jena hands him the money and intwines her hands in excitement. "I'm not hungry right now though?" Yunho says, "We'll just have o—" Jena cuts him off, "Both of them are for me." Then she laughs, seeing his read ears getting redder. "Embarrassed are we Jeong Yunho?" She wheezes and slaps her knee, just like an old man.

Yunho's face got distorted and he covers his face with both of his hands, a shy smile on his lips, more like a pained one. "Are you two dating?" The owner asks them, an equal wide smile decorating his face, "No sir, we're not." Yunho denies, shaking his head, "yet." Jena adds quietly, who knows that behind her usual demeanor, this girl is pretty daring, after finding out how he feels. "W-What?" Yunho chokes, he heard what she mumbled, another round of red ears for him. "Isn't the whole point of this date is for us to really date in the future?" Jena asks, not seeing on what's wrong in that statement.

Yunho averts his eye contact, looking at the cherry blossom trees, "Yeah but, you— ah, what am I going to do with you Shin Jena." He covers his face yet again, another small smile on his face, bringing a smile to Jena's face also. Jena got her hotdog and ate one, the other she held in her hand. They thanked the owner and walks away, finally taking that stroll. Yunho grabs the other hotdog and holds it for her, taking her now empty hand into his and intwines it. "What are you doing?" Jena asks, raising their hands. "Holding your hand?" Yunho shakes it a few times, stating the obvious.

Not being to reply with anything else, Jena shrugs and ate her hotdog. They walked aimlessly in the park, feet taking them to where ever they want to go. The two exchanged stories, memories, and Jena mentally coos on how adorable this giant baby beside her is. They walked and walked, not even noticing that they have circled the park a few times already. Sadly for them, this moment is ending soon, now that a certain person has arrived, and ready to stir a storm between them.

"Jeong Yunho?"

A way too familiar voice calls out, grabbing their attention.

"What a coinci— Oh? Who do we have here? Shin Jena?"

Jena's body stiffens up upon seeing the person in front of her, not expecting this encounter. She took a step back, knees shaking, and her hands automatically clenches her bag's strap.

"Lee Yeoreum."
🌱
i probably hate myself for this and by probably i mean that i really do

drama is here but it might or it might not suck✌🏻

stay safe!