26 // fancy you

After getting out of the clinic, Jena went back to her usual daily routines. Now that midterm is finally over, she is able to have a week of free time before going back to school. The Shin family is all currently at home, the five of them prepped and ready for a business party one of Mrs. Shin's colleague held. "Honey? Are you ready?" Her mom's head peaks into her room, Jena looks away from her reflection on the full body mirror and smiles at her mom. Jena took her phone and small purse, tucking her feet into her pair of heels and walked towards the family limousine.

The driver starts on driving and they soon reached their destination. The siblings never liked to attend business parties like this, Jane just want to cause trouble, Jena just wants to study, and Jayden finds the children there too spoiled and childish. "Aren't my babies just excited to go?" Mr. Shin cooed at the kids, Jane then rolling her eyes. "Watch me dad, I'll be gone after the first few minutes." She said, huffing. "Me too." Jayden was in the middle of playing his usual round of Counter Strike but then their mom shoves him his suit and hair gel, telling him to get ready.

Mr. and Mrs. Shin looks towards their youngest daughter, hoping that she would stick with them. "Fine? I guess." Their parents broke out to a smile and pinches her cheeks. Not long after their car ride, the hotel came into sight and they stepped down from the limo. The paparazzis took countless pictures of the gorgeous family, the familiar face of Shin Heejung, a figure in the business world, plastering a smile as she hugs her husband's arm. "Smile, kids." Mrs. Shin pinches Jayden's butt, getting a wince out of him before he forces a smile. Countless of flashes and camera clicks later, the family were finally escorted into the main ballroom, waiting for the host to appear.

Reaching the ballroom, Jane immediately went over to the Yoon family, greeting the parents and taking Danbi away from them. Jayden, attacks the snack bar provided, which left Jena alone and pouting. She follows her parents to sets of families, greeting them without having zero knowledge of who they are. Sehui's family was supposed to attend the meeting, but they passed on it for the family of four flied all the way to Japan for their relative's birthday. Jena also spots Bae Haera in the distance, a cocktail glass in one hand as she jokes around with her 'friends'.

"Hello princess." Jena gasps in shock and turns around, a grinning face in front of her. "Hendery? What are you doing here?" She drops her horrified expression when she finally saw the friendly face of 'Hendery the Great'. "My parents hosted this party, so I would obviously be here, duh?" Jena furrows her eyebrows. She had been to the Wong's residence but only met the couple and their son, Wong Xuxi, a.k.a Lucas, they boy she's been tutoring. She always thought that the Cantonese family only had one son, Lucas, so the news of another son surprises her. "Oh! I—" Jena cuts herself off, not really knowing what to say.

Hendery laughs, showing of his annoyingly perfect row of teeth. "I assume you are new to the fact." Which Jena replies with nodding her head. Her parents left Jena alone, when they saw that she already have company, even better, the host's son. "Not a big fan of parties?" Hendery asks again, seeing the glum look on Jena's face, longing to get her hands on a set of problems and solving it. Jena nods and sighs, her feet getting tempted to run away from the place. She looks around and found that Jane is already no where to be seen, and Jayden is slowly inching towards the exit. "Well, We should get going then." Hendery said and offers her a hand.

Jena looks at the hand at looks back at Hendery, "Are you crazy? This is your parents' party." Jena left the hand hanging and crosses her arms, "Oh come on," Hendery snatches Jena's hand and pulls her towards the exit, "They won't even care if I'm gone, as long as Lucas is here." The butlers and guards bowed a little as they passed them, they got used to Hendery's demeanor during huge parties like so. "Where should we go?" Hendery leads Jena to the parking lot, unlocking his Chevy. "I though you're the one making plans here?" Hendery opens the car door for Jena, and she laughs.

Jena had never done this before, sneaking away from her parents with someone she's not close with. "Right. We should get dinner first then," Hendery got into the driver's seat and started the engine. "How about, ShakeShack?" "ShakeShack." The both of them said at the same time, resulting for both to burst in laughter. "I would need to say, Mr Wong, you have class." Jena compliments, "My annoying brother Jayden is a big fan of McDicks and I don't know why." Jena rolls her eyes and faced forward, while Hendery bursts into a series of laughter. "Does that mean that I passed the vibe check?" Hendery teases. "Not yet, Mr. Wong." Jena played along.

Now that Jena has loosen up with Hendery, the ride to ShakeShack was not boring at all. The both of them told each other stories about school, having the same mutual which is Lucas, Jena has a lot of ranting regarding the boy. Before they knew it, Hendery's chevy parks in front of the doors of ShakeShack, he jogs slowly to the passenger's door seat and opens the door for Jena, allowing her to step outside with her ridiculously long dress and high heels. "We look misplaced right now." Hendery said after getting looks from the employees and customers sitting there, offering an arm towards her.

Jena laughs and took his arm, steadying herself, "As long as we get our meal." They queued like normal people, ordered, and took a seat in a booth, then gobbled down on their food. "Mmhm, never changing delish." Hendery wiped off the sauce on his lips, a result of eating carelessly. Jena nods in agreement, slurping down her glass of soda. "Yo, those dudes behind you have been looking at you— us, for quite a while." Hendery said, extending his neck towards the direction. Jena instinctively turns around, and found a series of familiar eyes. She chokes on her burger and reaches out to her drink, eyes wide.

"What?!"
🌱
i love my mans Hendery💚