23 // halfway through

The incident with Bae Haera was now way past in Jena's head, but she still is cautious around her, very sure that Haera still has suspicions towards the sisters. "How did you do?" Yunho slings a hand around Jena, pulling her towards the cafeteria to wait for their next test. "Is that even a question? How did you do instead?" Jena crosses her arms. She did got stuck on a few questions but quickly gained her speed for Econs is not exactly her forte. Yunho laughs and pinches her cheeks, a habit he developed after being close to her. "I did okay, not that bad." Jena didn't reply and just smiled, continuing their trip to the cafeteria.

The both of them walked towards the table the rest of their friends is sitting at, them evidently stressing out about the next test subject. Jane is leaning on San, trying to get the various names of chemical components into her head. The others are not doing that great either, they either are scribbling madly on a pad of paper or trying to memorize out loud. Knowing that the most unbothered on the table is Sehui, Jena got out of Yunho's arms, him subconsciously pouting at the emptiness, and sat across Sehui. "Have you done the problem I sent you last night?" Sehui asked her, not even looking up.

Jena grabs a KitKat Seonghwa's offering her, she rips it open and nods, "I have it right here." Jena gave Sehui a piece of paper, on it are scribbles the rest of the kids don't even understand. "Apparently, the set of questions I got last night were," Before Sehui could even finish her sentence, Mingi interrupts, "Today's test questions?!" He hopes too much. Sehui clicked her tongue and flicks Mingi on the forehead, "As I was saying, those were actually used in the Chemistry Olympiad, last year." Sehui shakes her head. Jena felt the chair to her left being pulled, Yunho sat there, a bottle of coke in his hands. She nods, mouth opened, "Ah, that's why it's very familiar." Jena nods more, finally realizing why.

The rest of the kids on the table just stares at the two best friend's interaction. "Wow, your friendship is truly boring, revolving around studies." Hongjoong shivers, face showing an expression of fake disgust. "Are you even Jane's sister? Are the both of you secretly are advanced technology the government is developing?" Yeosang's face also drops. Jena and Sehui stared at each other for a short moment, then bursting in laughter. "Don't be to over dramatic." Sehui says in between laughter. "Yeah, you don't even know when Sehui comes over to sleep at our house." Jane adds, shaking her head, "Instead of watching movies and such, they're studying!" Jane threw her hands up in the air, reminiscing the 'traumatic' events that happened to her.

Jena playfully pouts her lips, "Hey," She trailed off, "Being the two top students at a prestigious and top school is burdening, you know." Sehui nods in agreement, "Now stop bullying us and get back to studying." Their eyes widened in realization, too distracted that there is only ten minutes left on the clock before their test. Jena also focuses back, reviewing the ones she got stuck on yesterday, putting her hands absentmindedly on top of the table. Yunho, seizing the chance, grabs one of her resting hands, playing with it, in order to memorize better, a habit of his. Sehui saw it and nudged Seonghwa, her boyfriend, to see it. "What? You want me to hold your hands too?" He reaches out to grab Sehui's hand but she retracted it quickly, hitting him on the arm. "No! They're so cute." Sehui whispers. On the other hand, Sehui is not the only one who had noticed this interchange, Jane squints her eyes from across the table, not really sure when her dear baby sister got that close to Yunho.

Long story short, the kids got into their exam classes and finished their last test of the midterm exam week, some groaning in tiredness and some not really minding it. "Shin Jane! Come here you brat!" Danbi ran across the hallways to lock her best friend in a head lock, pulling her away from San. "Sorry San, I need to borrow her for a while." San felt dejected. Sehui also spent no mercy towards Jena, "Sorry Yunho! She's coming with me!" When Yunho was about to take Jena back home, Sehui pulls her backpack and drags Jena with her. "I guess you don't have anyone to go home with now?" San approached the older male, "I found a new walking buddy then." He skips happily and drags Yunho when Yunho nods.

San doesn't spend anytime to wait for the taller guy and walks away, leaving Yunho to trail behind him. The both of them got out of the school's grounds and is now walking towards the bus station. "So, San, about Jane," After knowing that both San and Jane have reconciled and are slowly building their relationship once again, Yunho never got the chance to ask San about it. "Oh! I'm so sorry buddy," San looks down, fiddling with his fingers, "I never told you about my feelings." His voice went quieter and quieter, the guilt he's trying to hide all this time now pinning him down.

Yunho shakes his hands a few times, indicating that that's not what he meant. "I'm fine San. I really am." San slowly looks up to Yunho, "You've moved on?" The bus stop was oddly very quiet, so the two can converse without worrying that anyone could hear them. "Yes I did." Yunho fiddles with his bracelet, the one he got from his brother, "More like, the thing I felt with Jane was a momentary infatuation." San was about to ask another question when the bus' tire screech stole their attention. After boarding it, and securing a seat for the both of them, San initiates another conversation. "Yunho," Which was replied to with a hum, "Do you like Jena?"

There it goes again. The question. Yunho chuckles and diverts his stare from the scenery outside back to his bracelet. "I enjoy being with her, does that answer your question?" San tilts his head in reply, clearly not satisfied with the answer he's been given. "I—"

Yunho's answer was cut off short by San's phone ringing. "Hello? What's wrong Jane?" Her frantic voice was heard from the other side, "What?" San's expression drops, he quickly presses the stop button on the bus, and gets his things ready to get down on the station. Yunho was puzzled, but followed him nevertheless, since it did seem very urgent. "Where are you?" Jane mumbles an address and San hangs up, after saying that he's on his way. "What's wrong?" The both of them got of the bus, and San starts power walking towards the subway station.

"Jena, She's missing."