37 // new ally

"Kneel down."

A middle school Jena was pushed to the asphalt, grazing her knees. "Look up Jennie, I want to see your face." Yeoreum squats in front of her, putting a finger under her chin, "You should help out a friend, right?" Jena was forced to look, staring into Yeoreum's eyes, hints of mischief, hatred, and pure psychotic thoughts coloring it.

"Please." She croaks, unclear to the human ear, "What? Talk louder Jennie, I can't hear you." Yeoreum retracts her finger and slaps Jena's cheeks lightly, "You did things with your mouth, why can't you speak?" She squeezes her face, nails digging into Jena's cheek. "Please don't do this." Hints of tears showing. Yeoreum smiles sweetly, too sweet for her liking. "You want me to stop?" Jena nods smally, "Fine." Yeoreum stood up, leaving the girl on the asphalt still.

Jena had a shine of hope, thinking that she would finally let her go, but all of that was useless when she saw Yeoreum nodding to one of her 'friends' who nods back with a sick smirk on her face. The other one pulls out her phone, recording what ever is going to happen. The girl made her way to Jena, hands ripping her uniform exposing whatever was beneath it, Jena tried to hold her back, begging endlessly for her to stop, the other girls present on the alley pours rotten milk all over her, while laughs of satisfaction left their mouth.

"Jennie, smile."

Jena kept her head down, refusing to look at the camera. Yeoreum clicks her tongue, slapping the girl once again, harder. "I. Said. Look. At. The. Camera." With every word, her hand accompanies, striking down harshly at Jena's face, the other girl, who ripped her uniform, then pulls Jena's hair back, forcing her to look up. "See? This sight fits you, ugly slut." Yeoreum stood and crosses her arms, chuckling while the others giggle.

They didn't stop there, the kicks, slaps, hair pulling continued, no matter how much Jena begs for them to stop, they just didn't listen.

"Please stop."

"Don't do this to me."

"Stop it!"

"NO!"

Jena sat up straight, beads of sweat rolling down her face. San hugs her when he saw the tears, "Shh, it's alright." He caresses her head, "It's just a nightmare." Oh how much did Jena wishes for it to be just a nightmare. Jena cries endlessly, not calming down one bit. Flustered, San reaches out to call for Jane, which she replies to almost instantly.

Few minutes later, Jane finally showed up at the door, going in to hug her. "Did the nightmares started again?" She asked to be answered by San. The boy was there to get Jena back into class, the teaching teacher asking him to do so, but he enters the nurse office to find Jena screaming and crying, begging for something, or someone, to stop. Mr. Moon was out from the office, going to the nearest medical supplies store to stock up on some things. "Do you want to go home?" Jane asked her, but Jena shakes her head instead, "I have a test after this." She got up from the bed, gathering her stuff.

"Jen!" Jane called out, she wanted to force her to rest and not bother about the exam, but on the other hand, she can't, "What?" Jena replies curtly, and too distant for her usual demeanor. "Nothing," Jane looks down, surprised by her tone, "Come on, I'll drop you off." San left the two sisters and went to his class, while them two walks slowly to Jena's biology class, the class she has with Yunho. Speaking of Yunho, the spot where Jena usually sits at, was occupied by someone she doesn't even want to look at. "Why is she there?" Jane mumbles when they got to the door. "Thank you for bringing your sister here, Ms. Shin. Now get back to your class." Mr. Michael said, telling one of them to go out.

The only option left is the seat beside Bae Haera, so Jena sat down there. The girl glances towards Jena, raising her eyebrows after seeing obvious signs of tears present. Anyone who took a glance upon her would instantly know that something happened a while ago. Can't help but feeling curious, Haera ignores the teacher completely and looks at Yunho, the boy she thought was head over heels for Jena, with an unknown species sitting beside him now. The boy was also stealing short glances at Jena, eyebrows furrowing every time he saw her.

Sensing that something went wrong, Haera grabs her notebook and ripped a paper out, she scribbles on it and slides it towards Jena. The girl acknowledges it and read whatever was written there.

'what happened to the both of you?'

'none of your business'

'rude. i'm trying to be nice here asshole.'

'nice? since when'

'idk you look sad that's why'

'so it's surprising that i'm sad?'

'yeah so what happened'

'shit happened'

'you really are jane's relative both of you are annoying'

'how is my sister annoying'

'she never lets me talk with jayden'

Jena stares at the reply she got, not believing that the reason why Bae Haera was being a bitch is so simple.

'grow up'

'jayden is handsome perfect nice and funny who doesn't want to be his girlfriend?'

'or his boyfriend'

'HE'S GAY?'

'bi'

'but he's single right?'

'y'

Mr. Michael then announced the start of the test, cutting off the note passing between Jena and Haera, while handing out the question papers around the classroom. "No need to ask for answers, all of them are different." He said, warning the kids. Jena got her pen out and starts on doing it easily, as she went down the questions, she felt someone staring at her, not even wanting to know who it is, or more like, knowing who it is, Jena tried her best to focus on the problems.

The whole exam session finished, and the class continued their lesson since they have time left before lunch. "Jena." Haera whispered, the class was dim, Mr. Michael had pulled out his laptop and set up his PPT for the newest subject. Jena tilts her head to the side, hands busy writing down what the teacher said. "I don't like the new student." Jena furrows her eyebrows, "She looks fake and nasty. I don't like her." Bae Haera continued, staring at the girl she's talking about. "And what can I do with this piece of information?" Jena whispers back. "You're having a hard time because of her, right?" Haera asked— more like stated. "We're not friends, but think of me as your accomplice." Jena shakes her head, not getting what she meant.

"If you need my help, just ask me. I'll do my best."