Chapter 4

581 years later.

The kids are one year and 2 months old.

"Biwd!" Luka said while pointing to the sky. "Biwd!"

"Can you see a bird, Luka?" Corey asked with a grin.

They were still surprised that Rayvon was his first word. But over the years, both boys have developed in their vocabulary.

They still couldn't say much but it was insanely cute when they did.

They could now walk on their own but Luka still falls over a lot and he walks better when someone's holding his hand, which is often Rayvon.

The kids have developed a very sweet relationship with each other.

As Rayvon is beginning to get stubborn and his favourite word is no, he's never mean to Luka. He shares his toys with him, he holds his hand when they're walking and they smile at each other constantly.

Rayvon calls him 'Lu' because he hasn't quite grasped the letter K.

Luka still calls him 'Wayvon'.

He still can't use his wings and he hasn't learned how to put them away yet, so Madison has had to make holes in all his little clothes so they can fit through comfortably.

* * * * *

Vinny was currently walking down the hallways as his son did the cute toddler walk in front of him.

He was slow and tripped often.

The staff watched the cute kid as he passed them.

"Hewo," Rayvon said and waved at a few random people.

Vinny smiled at him, feeling proud.

As he began to stumble, the vampire quickly leaned down and steadied him.

"Are you getting tired?" Vinny asked when Rayvon sat down.

He ignored his dad as he watched the busy life of the Vanderwood mansion pass him by.

"Shall we go see your dad?"

This got his attention.

The little boy started clapping and grinning excitedly.

"Da-da!"

"Okay," Vinny smiled and lifted him up.

"No, no, no!" Rayvon then said as he frowned at Vinny.

"What?" He chuckled. He found that frown very cute.

"Lu!"

"you want to go see Luka?"

Little Rayvon nodded and clapped his hands again.

"Lu!"

"Alright, let's go get your coat."

* * * * *

Luka, Panuleon, Corey and now Oliver were outside.

"It's so cute that he uses his wings to help him walk," Oliver said as they watched Luka stumble across the path.

"I wonder how Rayvon will react when he learns to put his wings away."

"He'll probably cry" Oliver chuckled. Luka's wings were his favourite thing.

Just then, the door to the gardens opened and Vinny walked out with a very excited child.

"Lu!"