Chapter 17

"Come on, we can't keep everyone waiting for much longer," Jed said before closing the bedroom door behind him.

As he turned, he almost got a fright.

Vinny was standing right behind him.

"What's taking so long?" He asked bluntly with crossed arms.

Rayvon and Luka glanced at each other. They were standing close enough for their sides to touch, but they had to keep this a secret.

"N-Nothing."

Vinny frowned at his son, but it wasn't an angry frown, it was more suspicious.

"Okay," He sighed. "Everyone's waiting, come on."

"Oh, we'll fly down it's quicker," Jed said, making the Vampire nod.

Luka's heart thumped. Jed would carry Vinny and Rayon because he wasn't strong enough to carry anyone when he flies.

Rayvon hesitated as Vinny gripped Jed's shoulders.

"Come on son, we haven't got all day" He smiled.

The boys shared a look that helped calm them. They could hear each other's thoughts but it was hard to concentrate so they were trying to block it out.

When Rayvon separated from his friend's side, he instantly felt a rush of loneliness flooding through him.

He couldn't bear not to touch him.

As he walked over to Jed and held onto him and his dad, Luka watched.

The pulling sensation hadn't come back to their chests but they had no idea how far or how long they could be apart for.

"Are you ready Luka?" Jed asked.

The boy nodded and flashed his black wings.

Rayvon's eyes almost fell out of his head. He had the sudden urge to stroke them and to feel their warmth.

Luka felt a big burst of love and he almost went weak at the knees.

This was so confusing.

Vinny watched his son with a blank expression.

Rayvon forced his sight away from Luka and caught his dad's eye instead.

"What?" He asked with a frown.

"You tell me," Vinny said and tilted his head.

The vampire was exceptionally good at observing people, so lord help them when Panuleon sees them.

"Can we just go already" He mumbled and lowered his head.

Luka found himself really enjoying the sound of Rayvon's deep voice but he snapped out of it when Jed said his name again.

"Okay, let's go."

Then, in a blink of an eye...

They vanished.

* * * * *

They landed in the middle of the gym, almost on top of John who quickly jumped out of the way.

Rayvon instantly pulled back from the angel and stood next to Luka so his wings touched him.

Relief struck them to be making that contact again.

Oliver looked up from where he was sitting with Madison. Panuleon and Corey were in the middle of playfighting so they hadn't noticed they were back yet.

The boys went to sit out of the way as Vinny watched. But he was quickly distracted by his soulmate who was grinning at him.

Madison, just like always, got really excited to see her son and his soulmate together. She watched while Vinny walked up and leant over him.