Chapter 52

Vinny had no idea how to find his power.

It was hard when Oliver was the only person who was filling his mind. He couldn't get him out of his head but that was far from a bad thing.

He was thankful to know he now understood that it might take Vinny years to return home.

He was worried that Oliver might think they would never be reunited and he didn't want that.

The vampire closed his eyes to avoid looking at the two deceased humans, still sitting opposite him.

He had to chill out.

If he was to find the power, he needed to feel it.

Oliver and Luka found it when they were in times of great stress but Vinny knew that he'd be able to seek it out.

Maybe he was overconfident but whatever he wants, he gets.

He could feel his broken wrist as it began to throb but he blocked it out. He knew the power would be strong and he had to calm right down.

He concentrated on his breathing and let it fall even.

He made himself forget where he was. He forgot everything around him and focused on this one task.

The vampire had to spark something. Maybe an emotion that he buried away or maybe those memories that fill him with rage.

If he was going to reveal something so powerful, it needed a kick start.

So he opened it.

He opened the box in his mind that held the memories he swore he would never think about again.

It began with a memory of when he was a child and kids would be so cruel. He thought about that one child who he almost beat to death and how disappointed his parents looked.

He remembered making a vow to himself that day. It was a vow to never see that look on his parents face ever again and he hasn't.

He didn't like to upset them and he didn't like it when they were disappointed in him.

He then thought about when the bad feelings came to him at the age of around fifteen. He felt so low, depressed and really sorry for himself.

He couldn't speak right, he had no friends and locked himself away most of the time. He liked his own company but he wanted people to talk to and wanted to know what it felt like to laugh at a friends joke or spend time with someone who wanted to spend time with him.

But he didn't have that.

It made him sadder than what anyone will ever know.

The vampire continued to dig deep and really work up his emotions.

Just then, he heard the door open but he was now so determined, he didn't care and continued to build up the power.

The demon who entered with a jug of water stared at the Vampire.

He knew he was awake and was wondering what he was doing.

He put the jug down but not too close.

He glanced at Caroline and Matt who were clearly dead. He didn't even care before looking back to Vinny who was beginning to frown.

He could just about feel it, building up inside. It was steady but the more he thought about these angry and sad emotions, the quicker it was coming.

This is what he wanted. He had to fuel it.