Chapter 78

Three days later.

Vinny told his parents about Scarlet when they got over their kids dying and coming back to life.

It's safe to say that they are devastated.

Kyran had passed away and his family was broken. They didn't see it coming as Scarlet didn't tell her husband what she was doing.

Even though Scarlet's body wasn't available, they were still going to arrange a joint funeral for her and Kyran as soon as the kids wake up.

Unfortunately, Orin has been missing since the war. Vinny is gutted and he really misses her. Everyone thought that maybe she was taken with the gold power because she was technically part of it.

Right now, everyone was sitting in the kids room.

Luka and Rayvon were lying in their bed, fast asleep.

They didn't know how long it would take for them to recover but surely, they should wake up soon.

"Eat your breakfast, Oliver," Vinny said. His soulmate still needed to gain back the weight he lost but it was hard for anyone to eat when their minds were full of worry.

"Okay," He smiled. He was doing everything he could to make Vinny's mind a little more relaxed.

He was still secretly very upset about Scarlet but was trying not to show it.

"I can't believe it's over," Jed said. "For about twenty thousand years, my purpose has been to protect this family from the wars and now it's all finished."

"I bet that feels good" Jenny smiled.

After the war ended, Zachariah went to get his soulmate and give her a big kiss. She was so relieved that he was okay.

"It does" Jed smiled.

The angels asked if he and Zachariah would like to return to heaven but they both declined.

Their lives are on earth now.

The elder angels respected their decision and will let them focus on living their own lives.

John had his angel all to himself. He didn't need to spend all his time worrying about the war and listening to the angel's whispers. Jed and Zachariah are free to be part of this wonderful family.

Just then, there was a quiet little groan from Luka as he started to wake up.

Everyone quickly looked in that direction. They've been sleeping for days and the whole family has waited patiently.

Thankfully, the relatives who helped with the war were all unharmed but a lot of the contributors were injured and Panuleon spent a full day healing everyone.

Luka was exhausted. His eyes were heavy and his limbs were a little sore. But the first thing he did was check how close he was to Rayvon.

So without opening his eyes, he moved his hands very slowly until he found his soulmate's warm body.

This gave him enough energy to haul himself extremely close.

Everyone watched him bury his head into Rayvon's muscular chest. Luka had to smell his scent.

His heart calmed down. He knew his soulmate was starting to wake up too.

Rayvon felt just as groggy as Luka.

That was only normal, they can't help it.

Their parents watched as the half-vampire very slowly put an arm around his soulmate. He just had to feel that he was close.