Chapter 77

"Where are we?" Rayvon whispered and clutched onto Luka's warm hand.

They couldn't see anything, it was too white.

"I think... I think we died" Luka said but this made their hearts thump in their chests. "I think we're in heaven."

The boys looked around. It was misty and bright but their souls felt like they were floating.

They felt very carefree.

"You're very wise," A voice said behind them, making them jump and quickly turn.

An old woman stood before them. She was dressed in a white knee-length dress with a white cardigan. Her grey hair was pulled up into a ponytail.

"Who are you?" Rayvon questioned. He didn't realise he was staring at the elder angel who gave Vinny a second chance when he accidentally killed himself.

"My name is Angelette and I am an elder angel."

She had a proud expression as she watched the boys. But they were very special guests.

"So we are in heaven," Rayvon said and glanced around again. He didn't know what he expected but it wasn't this. "Did we die?"

"Yes. The power you unleashed to close the tear and save heaven was phenomenal. But unfortunately, it was too much for your bodies to handle. You made a brave sacrifice. Just like Scarlet Vondrak" Angelette said. "Although, she should've gone to hell, but we saw good intentions in her in the end."

"Are we going to remain dead?" Rayvon asked. "And wait... did scarlet die?"

"Yes, and yes" The angel sighed. "But we will never stop being grateful for what you did for us. You saved the angels."

Luka and Rayvon glanced at each other. They have just gone through all of that and died. Surely, they should get a second chance too?

"We saved heaven. Can't we just get our lives back?" Rayvon asked. He was going to be blunt because he thought it was pretty unfair. They did just save heaven after all.

"You remind me of your father. He likes to use that tone too" Angelette said and crossed her arms. She then sighed again like she was weighing up her options. "Okay, I'm going to give you both a wish. This could be anything. It could be to bring your lives back or someone else's. It could be to give someone their biggest desire. It can be anything you want but you only get one each."

* * * * *

"Is it over" Corey whispered to Panuleon who was holding him tight.

"Yes, but- but" The angel knew.

He knew Rayvon and Luka were lying over there without an inch of life left in them. He knew the power had killed them but he was about to break down and he needed to tell his husband first.

"But what?" Corey asked. His hands were beginning to tremble. He just read his mind but he wanted him to say it out loud.

"The kids" Panuleon whispered with watery eyes. Everyone was staring at him. "They didn't make it."

The angels and the vampires glanced over at the boys who lay in the snow.

Everyone who was in the garden was either injured or starting to clean up the mess.

Madison covered her mouth with her hand.

Oliver and Vinny were hugging across the field, unaware that their child had died.

"They can't be," John said as his eyes also started to tear up. "Surely, what they've just done for the angel's deserves a second chance."

But Corey wanted to see for himself and sprinted towards his son. Panuleon had no choice but to follow.