Chapter 21

"So, I'm supposed to think of you as a boyfriend now, not a best friend?" Luka asked as he sat on the couch next to Rayvon.

Vinny and Oliver were doing paperwork at the table and trying not to stare at them for too long but they wanted to watch how they reacted together.

Panuleon and Corey were talking to John at the other end. He was telling the couple stories of when he was a human and in exchange, Panuleon would talk about heaven.

Madison and Duke were taking time out, just by themselves.

They had gone out for the day and Vinny offered to help with the paperwork while they were gone.

At thirty-six years old he should probably start helping more often.

"Um, I guess so" Rayvon shrugged. "I'm still your best friend but we'll be more loving towards each other."

They were trying so hard to talk about their feelings out loud but it was still a little embarrassing.

They haven't kissed since they connected the bond and wondered if it would feel any different.

Luka could hear Rayvon thinking about it and his cheeks went pink.

Surprisingly, they're getting used to hearing each other's thoughts although, they have already started answering things out loud, due to the confusion.

"You heard that didn't you?" He asked.

Luka nodded with a smile.

"Well, I am a little curious too," He said quietly.

"If we're now supposed to be a couple, maybe it's worth trying it again?"

They were both hinting that they really wanted to kiss each other but they were too afraid to just say it.

They're so innocent.

"Yeah," Luka said as he chewed on the inside of his lip. He was nervous but excited. "Okay."

Rayvon's gaze wandered around the face he knew so well but now he looked at it in so much more detail.

Their feelings were growing and they were starting to crave the warmth of a kiss.

They had already edged closer as they've been talking but they were exceptionally close, to begin with.

When Luka's eyes watched Rayvon's lips, a burst of what they recognised to be affection flushed through them.

They suddenly not only wanted to kiss, they needed to kiss. Their feelings felt too strong to suppress.

But the room had people in it. Their fathers and Grandad.

Luka found himself not actually caring. All he could focus on was the boy, sitting right next to him. Rayvon was swamping his mind and taking over his thoughts.

Their heads continued to get closer until Luka's chest pressed into Rayvon's arm.

Oliver had stopped worrying about the boys catching him and just stared at them. Vinny was trying not to care but he couldn't help to sneak a glance.

Corey was no longer listening to John and Panuleon's conversation. The kids were growing closer and he didn't know if they were planning to kiss or not.

Rayvon's heart was beating hard as the heat of Luka throbbed against his arm.

"Is it okay, if we k-"

He didn't let Luka finished before leaning down and pushing their lips together.

Panuleon almost double took at the sight.