Chapter 27

So the tent is up.

It is supposed to have four little rooms that can be added to the inside but someone forgot them so now it's just one big empty space.

Nobody was fussed about it, though, this way they could be more social at night time.

It is now half seven in the evening and everything was set up.

Oliver and Vinny were sitting on camping chairs, just outside the tent with a bottle of beer each. They were watching Corey and Panuleon play with Rayvon and Luka.

The other members of public have not yet disturbed them and the other kids haven't approached their kids yet.

"I reckon we have about an hour and a half of daylight," Oliver said. "Wait, did we bring torches?"

"No," Vinny said casually. "but you have one on your phone."

"Oh yes. See, nothing to worry about."

Vinny eyed him as the panic died down from his expression. He had an idea as to why Oliver doesn't like camping so much.

It's not just because he misses home comforts, he's not that fond of the dark.

Only Vinny knows this and would never tell anyone else.

Oliver is maybe a little embarrassed about it but he doesn't like it when he can't see his surroundings.

There were plug sockets next to the tent, they had waterproof covers and the Vanderwood's had brought a charging cable so they could make tea and coffee, cook with their portable cooker, charge phones and so on.

"Heads up!" Rayvon suddenly yelled but just as Oliver looked up, he got a Frisbee straight to the face.

He was startled and fell backwards off the chair, spilling his beer all over himself.

Vinny watched with raised eyebrows as his soulmate laid on the ground, holding what was left of his drink up in the air.

The vampire knew he wasn't hurt as Rayvon ran over.

"Dad, are you okay?" He asked, slightly amused, slightly worried.

"I'm great son," He said and didn't even bother getting up as he took a sip of his drink.

Vinny laughed and shook his head.

"Next time, film it."

Rayvon chuckled but hovered on his toes, just making sure his dad was definitely okay.

"Um, there won't be a next time" Oliver chuckled before sitting up. "Here" He passed his son the Frisbee back and sat on his chair. "You can hit us, just not the public. I'll buy you and Luka an ice cream if you hit your grandparents."

Vinny scoffed.

"They'll be big ones if you can get John more than five times."

Rayvon looked at Luka who had been listening. He couldn't help it, Rayvon's voice was so vibrant in the back of his mind.

"Okay," He said happily and ran off.

His parents watched, getting ready to watch and snigger.

"I smell like an alcoholic now" Oliver said while looking down at his wet t-shirt.

"Take it off," Vinny said, his eyes showing a little twinkle.

"It is pretty warm" Oliver shrugged and pulled it off. He got up and hung it over the side of the tent so it would dry quicker.