Chapter 54

Two years later.

Everyone apart from Oliver was sitting in the dining room. The atmosphere was dull and had a sad taste to it.

The Vanderwood's would smile and say things to keep each other upbeat but it would be fake.

Nobody was truly happy.

Without Vinny, life in the mansion definitely wasn't the same. They knew he was gone and he wasn't coming back anytime soon.

This is by far the longest time his family have gone without seeing him.

It has been two years without Vinny and it was starting to take its toll on his mum, his dad, Rayvon and most definitely Oliver.

The pain of being separated from his soulmate had come back and he was stuck in a deep depression.

No matter how hard everyone tried, they couldn't put a smile on Oliver's face and that was very troubling.

The hyper and happy person was gone and now all he could be is sad.

It's two in the afternoon and he was in the bedroom with his curtains closed and the light off.

He was laying on the floor with his head buried into Vinny's shirts.

He was trying so desperately to smell his familiar scent.

He was trembling slightly and holding the constant lump in his throat.

Now, he would cry himself to sleep every night. Waking up alone was like a stab to his heart and he honestly wasn't sure if he'd last another two years.

He let out a shaky sigh and slowly sat up. His stomach was rumbling and he'd normally ignore it.

He has lost a little bit of weight because he isn't eating properly. John comes in every morning with breakfast but he never eats it.

He has dark circles under his eyes. He doesn't remember the last time he had more than 3 hours of sleep at one time.

Often, he would try and drift off on the couch in the dining room. Being surrounded by his family sometimes helps but he didn't want to drag them into his miserable ways.

He climbed to his feet and grabbed a hoody off the floor.

He still had his pyjamas on as he pulled it over his head. He wasn't going to change as he put the hood up and walked out of the dark room.

* * * * *

"Alright, stop it" Vinny mumbled but covered his face with his arms as he curled up in the blanket.

Even though it was two in the afternoon, he had to have a little bit of a nap.

Now that he had been away from Oliver for so long, he needs as much sleep as a human and he can barely even sleep at night.

He was constantly in pain but could cope with it better than his soulmate.

The strange thing about being separated is that he hasn't needed to drink any blood since he has been away. Maybe it's because he is in a world where Vampires don't exist or maybe he was just exceptionally weak and his Vampire needs have toned down.

But he still felt mating season and spent the whole week crying and being so full of sorrow. He really needed Oliver and it was so hard because he wasn't there.

He was so desperate to just touch his warm skin or to see him in the flesh.

"No Orin, get off" Vinny mumbled again and turned around.