Chapter 48

The Angel landed back in the dining room with a heartbroken Luka sobbing in his arms.

As soon as Panuleon's feet touched the ground, the boys could feel each other's presence.

Rayvon pulled his tear stained face from Oliver's t-shirt and connected his gaze with his soulmate.

Just to see him filled his heart with relief and hope.

Panuleon quickly walked over as Luka let go and reached for Rayvon.

The Angel put him down and into each other's arms.

When their bodies connected, their minds instantly calmed as they gripped hard out of fear of feeling that horrible pulling sensation.

They pushed their chests together and buried their faces into each other's neck.

They needed to feel one another's skin against their lips.

They were both breathing heavy and had their eyes scrunched shut.

To feel the warmth and to smell that familiar scent was enough to send their senses crazy.

Little Luka was hiccuping because he cried so hard.

Rayvon was rubbing his back and planting sweet little kisses against his collar bone.

"You're safe now" He whispered, never wanting to let him go ever again.

For Luka to hear his voice was very magical.

His wings burst free because he was feeling overwhelmed with happiness now that they were back together.

Rayvon, of course, placed his hands on them, loving how warm and soft his feathers are.

Just then, Jed and Zachariah landed back in the dining-room.

Oliver looked up, expecting to see his soulmate with them but he wasn't there.

Everyone frowned, realising that something wasn't right.

"Where's Vinny?" Oliver asked. His eyes were confused and his voice was worried.

The angels looked at each other but they didn't know how to explain this to him.

They glanced at the boys, feeling glad that one couple was back together.

"The demons were closing in on them and he made a brave sacrifice to get Luka and Rayvon back together," Zachariah said but he cursed at himself in his head, knowing he could've worded that better.

Oliver's mind instantly went numb.

"What do you mean a sacrifice?" Duke asked with a frown.

Jed glanced at John. He could see his relief now that he was safe.

"The demon's had opened another tear between the fabrics of the world and Vinny pushed himself and the demon leader through so Luka could safely get home."

Oliver was blinking more, his eyes were getting watery.

"Why didn't you go in after him!?" Madison asked. Her eyes were wide and her tone showed just how worried she now was.

"Because the demons closed the tear before we could get to him," Jed said while lowering his head. He felt like he had failed. Vinny was trapped in the other world and they had no idea how to get him back.

Oliver held his breath.

This couldn't be happening.

All eyes were on him.