Chapter 39

"Panuleon, did you put this up here? I can't reach it" Corey said while standing on his tiptoes and trying to reach the toothpaste.

"Oh, yes. You dropped it and I didn't know where it goes. Sorry, I didn't think" The angel said and leant over Corey to get it.

He put it in his hands and planted a kiss into his hair.

"Thanks" Corey beamed and began to brush his teeth.

Panuleon watched him with a gentle smile. During mating season, they're the only couple who are not affected. But so much love floating in the air does make them in the mood to show their affection more.

"What do you want to do today?" The angel asked while wrapping his arms around his soulmates shoulders and leaning into him.

"I don't know" Corey mumbled with the brush in his mouth.

Panuleon chuckled and waited until he was done.

When he was finished, he put his toothbrush down and turned towards his angel. He leant into him and gave him a big smile.

"It's my mum's birthday today."

Panuleon studied his eyes. He doesn't get upset about it anymore, he like's to celebrate the life his parents had.

"Does that mean what I think it means?"

Corey nodded with a grin.

"Let's bake her a cake."

When his mother was alive, she would bake a cake for everyone's birthday, it was never shop bought. She even baked herself a cake when it was her own birthday.

They like to pay respects in that way. Doing things for her that she would've done for them helps to keep the memories alive.

"I bet your parents are looking down on you now, feeling incredibly proud of what you've done."

Panuleon knew his parent's souls went up to heaven, he had asked Zachariah to check when Corey wasn't coping well.

When he first lost his parents, he was a mess. He was depressed and upset all the time.

He really struggled to live without them.

But Panuleon was there, comforting him and helping him through it.

"I wish Luka could've met them," Corey said while resting his head against his angel's chest.

"They'll be with him in spirit," Panuleon said and softly rubbed his back.

Corey nodded against his t-shirt.

Oliver was so lucky that his dad was turned into a vampire so he could live a long life too.

* * * * *

It was around midday, on the second day of mating season.

Corey and Panuleon were messing around in the kitchen, trying to bake this cake while Luka and Rayvon were sitting in the garden. Jed was in the dining-room, watching them through the window, making sure everything was okay.

John was sitting on the couch, trying to be distracted by Oliver but his soulmate was right there and he was finding it harder to resist him.

Vinny felt sorry for them. It was hard for him to keep a secret like this from Oliver but it shouldn't come from him, it should come from his dad.

"Jed, come here," Oliver said.

The angel looked away from the window and caught John's eye in the process.