Chapter 47

Oliver stood with his mouth open, staring at the spot where his soulmate and Luka were taken.

It had only been ten minutes, but everyone was freaking out.

Duke had called the maximum security to come and assess everyone in the mansion. They had locked everyone out of getting into the dining-room just in case there were more demons.

What confused the Vanderwood's more than anything was how the angels couldn't sense the hell-hounds.

And why did they just take Luka? Surely they would want Rayvon too.

John put his arm around Oliver, wanting to comfort him.

"It's okay son, keep faith in the angels" He soothed.

Oliver's mind was numb with worry but if he had to feel something, it should be hope.

He nodded and rubbed his eyes, trying to pull his mind away from that moment.

Rayvon was pacing and wringing his hands. He was frantically thinking about his soulmate. He could hear him and he was begging for it to stop in his mind. It was breaking the half vampire's heart.

He could feel how terrified he was and that was weighing heavy on his chest.

He looked at his watch.

they had been apart for eleven minutes.

Nobody was quite sure on what to do. They trusted the angels but what if Luka and Rayvon aren't together in time?

Oliver's eye's followed his son up and down the room, he was so worried but trying to keep himself together.

* * * * *

Vinny could barely breathe, they were travelling through the sky so fast and it was forcing him to catch his breath.

He had no room to think or understand what was happening.

But he knew Luka was still in his arms and there was no way he would let go. He knew he would be ten times more afraid than him and he had to keep him safe.

Luka had his face buried into the vampire's shoulder and his eyes were scrunched shut.

He wasn't ready for this. He wasn't ready for the fight.

"Stay strong for me, I know you're scared," Rayvon thought. "Please Luka, calm your mind."

The half angel had already started to shake.

Yes, he could fight. But that was no use with his timid mind, he would be too frightened.

Vinny was staying tense and trying to cope. But he had no idea what the hell was going on.

Suddenly, they seemed to change pace and it felt like they were getting slower.

Vinny dared to open an eye but he gasped and clutched Luka harder. The ground was coming at an exceptional speed.

It was getting nearer with every passing second, they had to slow down, surely they wouldn't hit the ground at this pace?

But they did.

Vinny, with all the strength he had gripped Luka but when they crashed along the ground, the boy was thrown from his grip and into the snow.

They both rolled and rolled, but the snow somewhat cushioned their fall.

The demons were thrown to the ground too.

The angels were right on their tail.

Vinny stopped and he stayed still for a second, his heart felt like it was in his mouth. It was pumping hard while he checked that nothing was seriously injured.