Chapter 37

Vinny was frozen still.

His eyes were still glued on Jed and John.

Jed was leaning against the wall as John had his arms wrapped around his shoulders and was kissing him softly.

The vampires heart thumped in his chest at witnessing something so shocking.

This couldn't be right, they are not gay.

Well, not to Vinny's knowledge.

His mouth still hung open, but he didn't know what to do. He never expected to see them two, kissing.

It suddenly dawned on him that if they were to stop, they would see him. So he quickly stepped out of view and leant against the wall.

His eyes traced over the wall in front of him. His mind was alive with confusion and shock.

He was beginning to frown.

Why were Jed and John that close? How long has this been going on for? Does anyone else know about it?

Oliver clearly doesn't, he was trying to set John up on a date with a female.

He then realised that he was probably the only one that knew because they were hidden down a corridor that was always empty and they're never together.

There were no signs that showed they were like this with each other.

Suddenly,

Vinny's phone started ringing.

He gasped and yanked it out of his pocket. The ringer was loud and echoed in the quiet corridor.

Jed and john pulled apart immediately and looked down the hallway.

Vinny's mind was blank as he cancelled Oliver's call and held his breath.

John's eyes filled with worry before Jed stepped forwards, grabbed him and vanished.

Vinny heard the flap of wings and decided to brave a look.

Slowly, he glanced back down the hallway, but they were gone.

* * * * *

Jed and John landed in the garden. They were filled with shock as their hearts were beating hard in their chests.

They looked at each other, sharing the same expression.

John was searching Jed's eyes but they knew what this meant.

"That was Vinny's ringtone."

* * * * *

Vinny hovered on his toes.

What the hell just happened?

He caught Jed and John kissing!? That was madness.

He looked down at his phone as Oliver started calling him again.

He took a second of composure, he had to play it cool. If nobody knew about them then it wasn't wise to tell Oliver.

While clearing his throat, he answered.

"Hello? Vinny? Are you alright? You've been gone a little while and I can feel weird emotions" Oliver said. He was sitting on the edge of the bed. "Vinny?"

The vampires mind was barely listening but Oliver snapped him back to reality.

"Oh, yes I'm fine."

Oliver paused, thinking he would say more but Vinny was trying to bury his emotions before he detected them in his voice.

"Are you sure?"