Chapter 14

Luka was sitting next to Rayvon in the dining-room.

Oliver was talking to Vinny at the table. They were discussing how long Scarlet would stay for and what they should do to get rid of her.

Jed had been informed to take extra care of the boys and follow them wherever they went.

Panuleon and Corey had gone out for the day and won't be back for another hour yet. They had no idea that she was back.

"Let's just push her out of the window and say it was an accident" Vinny grumbled.

"You're so evil. And it worries me because part of you meant that but I'll let it slide" Oliver said as they gave each other amused glances. "But, I have a weird feeling that she's targeting the kids. It's strange enough that she had cornered them in the library."

"I know and Luka still looks upset, he won't be able to cope with her abuse."

Rayvon's best friend was looking gloomy as he stared at his lap. He wanted to ask what was said between him and Scarlet but didn't want to upset him even more.

"Are my eyes really that weird?" Luka asked. He has heard it so many times throughout his life that sometimes, he believed them.

Rayvon frowned at him, almost feeling horrified.

"No of course not. I think they're beaut- I think they're perfe- ...I think they're fine."

Luka looked up at him, seeing his red cheeks.

"You think they're what?"

"Shut up" Rayvon grumbled with a smile.

They haven't admitted their feelings for each other but deep down, they know.

"But seriously, just because they're different doesn't mean they're weird."

Luka could always count on his best friend to cheer him up so quickly.

"Thank you," He said quietly.

"You're welcome" He grinned and nudged his shoulder.

Just like when they were fifteen, sparks of electricity shot down their arms.

"Please don't let her get to you, that's obviously what she's trying to do and dad says she will say anything t-to hurt someone's feelings."

Luka nodded, feeling a little better.

They smiled at one another, obviously trying not to make it too obvious that they loved the sight of each other's smile.

Rayvon often wondered if liking Luka was just a phase. He still didn't know for sure if he was into guys. Yes, kissing him felt really good but it wasn't enough to confirm his feelings.

Maybe he should ask his parents.

"we could lock her in the room and let her starve to death" Vinny suggested.

"Okay, you need serious help" Oliver chuckled, making his soulmate smile.

"Or we could drown-"

"dad?" Rayvon questioned. He was clearly oblivious to what Vinny was saying.

"Yes son" Oliver smiled, wanting to change the subject anyway.

"Can I um, talk to you both about something?"

"Of course, you can."

"In private?"

Vinny and Oliver glanced at each other but stood up.