Chapter 29

"You're in charge of the camera" Madison said while handing it to Vinny.

He looked at it in his hands, knowing it was expensive and knowing it was safer in his hands than in Oliver's hands.

"I don't want to be" He said bluntly.

"Well you are" She smiled.

Vinny muttered something under his breath before walking away.

"I bet you ten pounds it'll all be pictures of Oliver" Duke said.

Madison chuckled.

"I'm not betting on that, I'll lose."

"I think I can hear the waterfall" Corey said and pulled on Panuleon's hand as he walked faster.

The angel was smiling happily to himself as he took in the fresh country air and looked at everything with so much appreciation.

Rayvon and Luka were ahead of the group, exploring their surroundings.

"There's a rabbit hole there" Rayvon said while carefully stepping around it.

Luka stood close and nervously peaked down it, trying not to get too near the burrow.

"Do you think there are rabbits in it?"

"There's only one way to find out" Rayvon shrugged and crouched down.

Luka hovered on his toes before doing the same.

He leant into him to keep his balance. Warmth rushed through them at being so close.

He watched as Rayvon blindly put his hand into the hole.

"This is not a good idea" Luka said, but it really wasn't. "What if it bites you?"

Rayvon knew he was concerned because the thought of each other being injured was too much to handle.

He pulled out his hand and looked at his best friend with a smile.

Just then, as Vinny placed the camera on the two boys, a baby rabbit jumped out and onto Luka.

He gasped and fell backwards. He squeezed Rayvon's arm in a panic and started to scramble up but Rayvon stopped him.

"It's okay" He said softly. "It's not hurting you."

Luka looked down, his eyes were filled with worry but he was right. The baby rabbit was perched on his lap without a care in the world.

"Remember, nature loves angels."

Luka's grip didn't weaken on Rayvon but he didn't mind, he knew he was a little startled.

Vinny timed that perfectly before pulling the camera away from his face and watching with a little smile.

The rabbit rubbed it's ears and looked up to Luka like it expected something.

"You should stroke it" Rayvon smiled.

Luka didn't know about that, it was only small but still unpredictable.

Rayvon watched his magical eyes as they stared at the animal.

He then reached down and gently touched the rabbit's ear, showing his soulmate that it was okay to do so.

Suddenly, three more Rabbit's popped out of the hole, making Luka jump and tense up once more.

They crowded round him and watched with interest.

"Rayvon, I-I don't-"

"It's alright" Rayvon said as he put a hand behind his back and lent his chest into his shoulder. "Don't panic."