Chapter 72

As the time passed by, the Vanderwood's were getting more nervous about the whereabouts of the demon leader.

But they allowed the kids to have some time to relax, especially Luka.

He really needed it.

When it got to one in the morning, Panuleon gave Luka more pain relief before everyone decided to have a little bit of sleep.

Jed was downstairs with the secret service. They were giving him any information that they could find.

Right now, the demons were in the mansion and trashing everything that looked valuable.

But that was the last of everyone's worries as the army, the secret service and any members of the public service were preparing to fight.

There were hundreds of demons swarming their city and they were hungry for violence.

But sitting in the safe house and twiddling his thumbs was Vinny.

He was worried about Orin.

He wanted the cat to stay with Luka and Rayvon and he also missed her.

People find it very easy to become emotionally attached to pets.

Vinny has been wearing his heart on his sleeve lately and his parents have noticed.

Their son usually isn't so open with his emotions but ever since he has been back, he has been more in touch with his softer side.

Right now, he couldn't sleep. Everyone but Scarlet, Rayvon, Luka, and Panuleon were fast asleep.

Luka was quietly whimpering, he didn't want to wake anyone but he was in so much pain.

Panuleon and Rayvon were softly speaking to him, trying to keep his mind off his injuries.

Vinny glanced at his sister who quickly looked away.

She was watching him and Oliver, trying to make her eyes used to seeing them so close.

Oliver was curled up next to him, sharing his warmth.

Vinny saw her fidget. He knew she felt incredibly out of place but she did it to herself.

It's not like they hated her for no reason.

He hasn't spoken to her yet but he didn't want to, he wasn't ready.

He still viewed her as poison.

So he got up slowly because he didn't want to wake his soulmate and headed over to his son.

Rayvon was running his fingers through Luka's hair and wiping his warm tears away from his cheek. The poor thing. He only had use of his right arm, the rest were too broken to move.

It hurt every time he breathed due to his damaged ribs and he had a killer headache.

Vinny felt so sorry for him and he knew it would be almost impossible for him to sleep.

"Luka, would you like me to get you anything?" He asked.

"Can you get him some water?" Rayvon knew Luka wanted it but he would've just said he was fine.

"Sure."

Vinny shared a glance with his son. They were trying to help one another through this and Rayvon knew his dads would do everything they could to make sure he was comfortable and relaxed.

"Would you like anything? Food, a warm drink?"

"I'm okay dad" Rayvon smiled. "Um, Panuleon do you want anything?"