Chapter 42

Day 3 of mating season.

Oliver just couldn't help it. To see his dad and Jed together was still bubbling in his mind.

He was staring and not attempting to make it subtle.

John was sitting at the table with Jed. The kids were in here so it was a good excuse for Jed to be in here too.

They were just talking but every now and then, John would make physical contact with him because it was still mating season and he still needed to be more affectionate.

"I'm so happy for him," Oliver said but Vinny was scowling at the ground. He needed all of Oliver's attention and so far, he wasn't getting any of it.

"Look at Vinny's face" Panuleon chuckled. He and Corey were across the room, just relaxing.

Corey looked over and his glare was strong.

"He just wants his soulmates attention. I can't imagine how strong it must be. But then look at the kids."

Their gaze wandered over to them and they were trying to play a board game. But they were sitting right next to each other and every few minutes they would kiss and get affectionate but then forget who's turn it was.

"They're so loved up" Panuleon smiled. "I wonder what it's like to feel that amount of affection all the time."

"They must have to concentrate on each other so much. I think it's hard for them when their minds aren't focused on one another."

Panuleon nodded, agreeing.

"They're so deeply combined within their souls, they'll begin to act like the same person. But I think that'll come with time and it'll be something they'll grow into."

"You think?" Corey questioned. "They do sometimes move at the same time."

"They'll be able to understand each other more than any other person in the world," Panuleon said. He felt proud that his son had formed the world's strongest bond.

Vinny looked at Oliver to see him smiling happily at his dad and Jed.

They were laughing about something and it was so nice for him to see his dad so happy but Vinny wanted his attention, so that's what he'd get.

He pulled on Oliver's chin and as soon as his face turned his way, he connected their lips.

Madison and Duke were lost in their own conversation and now more than ever, they were avoiding looking in their direction.

Oliver raised his eyebrows when the kiss was instantly filled with passion. Vinny wasn't wasting a single second. He knew Oliver was just excited about his dad finding a soulmate and wanted to spend time, getting used to the sight if them together.

But it was mating season and he honestly couldn't help himself.

The vampire wrapped his arms around Oliver's shoulders, pulling their chests together.

Their warm lips moved together as affecting circled their hearts.

As they continued to kiss, Rayvon and Luka started kissing as did Madison and Duke.

Before Corey and Panuleon knew it, Jed and John were kissing too.

"Pan, I feel inclined to kiss you."

The angel chuckled but this is what it's like during every mating season. Now it's Jed, John, Luka and Rayvon too.

"The air is filled with so much love" He smiled. For an angel to witness such raw relationships makes their entire frame of mind overstuffed with joy.