Chapter 10

2000 years later.

It was almost half three in the morning and only Jed was awake, but not for long.

Twelve-year-old Luka was having a nightmare.

He was tossing and turning in his small single bed until he woke up with a fright.

He quickly sat up, breathing hard and looking desperately around the dark room. Although, he couldn't see much and that was scaring him more.

He sat so his back was against the headboard and hugged his knees.

He tried calming down but he's still a fragile kid and get's panicked easily.

The more he looked around the big room, the more he was convincing himself that there was something to worry about. He knew he wouldn't get back to sleep unless there was someone with him.

Almost ten minutes passed of him staring at the door until he finally plucked up the courage to go find company.

He slowly crawled out of bed but quickly stepped across the room and opened the door.

Jed was sitting down the hall and his head snapped up when he heard someone's door click open.

Luka poked his head out and look at the angel.

Jed gave him a friendly smile. He could see how he looked a little worried and knew exactly where he was headed.

Luka felt himself calm a little bit at the sight of Jed, knowing he was safe.

He then walked into the hallway and headed to the door that was five meters away.

Jed watched as Luka opened it very slowly and entered the dark room. He smiled when he shut it behind him.

Luka took a moment to let his eyes adjust before he walked quietly through the big room.

Rayvon was in a light sleep as Luka approached his bed.

He leant over him and prodded his shoulder.

"Rayvon" He whispered.

The kid woke up from his voice. For some reason, he just knew he was there.

His tired eyes flickered open to reveal Luka, watching him with big and anxious eyes.

"I had a nightmare" He whispered while fiddling with his fingers.

Rayvon rubbed his eyes but moved over on his small single bed.

Luka instantly climbed in and curled up against him.

The boys are still too innocent for them to worry about sharing a bed. They just liked the comfort.

That was something they are starting to notice and occasionally get shy about. They didn't know how to explain why they liked to be close or why they liked each other's smile and touch.

But they've been together since the very beginning.

They know each other better than they know themselves.

The boys drifted back to sleep with the warmth of each other, keeping them safe.

* * * * *

It is now half nine in the morning and Panuleon is kneeling next to the bed.

Through the night, Corey had rolled right next to the edge of the bed with the threat of falling out at any moment.

The angel was watching his soulmate, studying the face he knows so well.

He was feeling full of love this morning and wanted nothing more than to feel his soulmate close to his heart.