Chapter 69

After Mila had walked away from Vinny and Jed, she was able to contact her father.

The metal bands that the demons had on their wrists to stop the angel from sensing them were also little mini contact devices and it brought any demon who was wearing one, together.

Mila had previously taken hers off so the angels could sense her and she'd get taken to the mansion.

But now that it was back on, she was telling every demon that the war had started.

The Vanderwood's thought that there were only two demons in their world but they were wrong.

Very wrong.

Hundreds had slyly made their way through the tear when it was last open and settled themselves down in secret, ready to pounce when the time comes.

And that time was now.

But this all happened around two hours ago and in that time, the demons made their way to the mansion, took everyone by surprise, captured them and now held them captive about half an hours drive from the Vanderwood city.

The demons were surprised that they caught them so easily but the Vanderwood's gave up. They didn't fight and went quietly.

This was because Vinny and Jed were missing and Oliver and John were freaking out.

Oliver knew there was something wrong and the demons were teasing them. But Mila said they'd be reunited when they get to their destination so everyone agreed to just go there.

They couldn't risk saying no.

Vinny and Jed could not be separated from the family.

So now, everyone was sitting in a big, concrete room. There were no windows but it was brightly lit.

The walls were dirty and in one corner there was a vine, snaking its way up to the ceiling.

Everyone had been chained up against the wall apart from Vinny and Jed who were laying in the middle of the room, still unconscious.

Rayvon and Luka were chained up against the opposite wall to everyone else.

But at least they were together.

Oliver was hurting in his chest as he and Vinny had reached their limit but at least he could see him.

The demons had gone and it was just the family, waiting and dreading what was next.

Duke was holding his wife's hand and praying that his son was okay and that he'd wake up soon. They didn't know how to escape and for some reason, Zachariah wasn't coming when Panuleon was calling for him in his head.

The demons were everywhere and they didn't know how or what they had planned.

Just then, the door opened, making everyone quickly look up.

The blood drained from everyone's face's as the demon leader entered with a smirk.

"Looks like this family has no idea how to prepare for a major demon attack."

Everyone's eyes followed him as he wandered over to Vinny and Jed.

Oliver pulled on his chains, he didn't want him to hurt his vampire.

"And I'm surprised this one got beat by a girl," He said and pushed Vinny onto his back with his foot.

"Leave him alone," Oliver said, feeling the pain in his chest becoming stronger.

"Oh," The demon said and watched the human. "You must be his soulmate."

Oliver then backed up against the wall when he got closer.