Chapter 43

2000 years later.

Rayvon and Luka are now eighteen years old.

This means they have been together for two thousand years and their relationship has only gotten stronger.

They're so in love.

It's so pure, so raw and so fresh.

It's clear that their bond is different, full of promise, inspiration, and magical affection.

Over the years, Rayvon had a huge growth spurt.

He is now taller than Vinny and hits his head off of nearly every door frame.

He's much more muscular than his parents and turned out to be just a very big built person.

Luka didn't grow an inch.

His head used to be at Rayvon's shoulders, now it barely comes up to his chest.

But it's clear that the half vampire fell in love with his cute little body and he honestly wouldn't have him any other way.

Luka's shy and quiet personality didn't get any better, especially when they were told about the demon war.

Their parents decided to tell them when they were seventeen.

They didn't want to tell them any later because they had to be prepared for when it comes.

At first, they didn't take it well. They freaked out about it but rightfully so. It's a lot of news for two teenagers to take in.

The worlds will one day depend on them and it felt like too much responsibility.

Luka kept having dreams about it and he had a panic attack for around three full days after they were told.

The poor boy, he's so fragile and so innocent.

The thought of any war coming after him was dreadful, frightening and too much.

Over the years, when they trained and became mentally stable for it, they started to feel better about the situation.

Whenever Luka got stressed about it, Rayvon would tell him how proud he should be that fate chose them to save the world and everyone in it.

He reminded him how special they really are, which is a great way to look at their lives.

It's now half five on a freezing winter morning.

The heating in the Vanderwood mansion hasn't been working since yesterday afternoon.

People are currently trying to make their way to them, but the snow is very deep and the job required to get the heating on is big.

So for now, the humans have to wrap up very warm.

Rayvon frowned as his sleepy mind drifted awake. He brought a hand up to rub his eyes but his other hand was holding something warm.

He flickered his eyes open and realised he was lying on his stomach and his arm was hanging off the side of the bed.

He peered over the side to see Luka, curled up on the floor. He was practically hugging his hand as he slept.

Rayvon silently chuckled to himself as a yawn escaped his lips.

This is happening more and more often.

Vinny made them keep their deal about having to stay in the single bed.

But as the years went on and Rayvon got much bigger, there is absolutely no room for Luka.