Chapter 67

"Why have you come back, Scarlet?" Vinny asked. "Everyone hates you and nobody wants you here."

He was very blunt and very matter of fact. But it's true, Scarlet is not wanted anywhere near the mansion let alone in it.

"I've come to say I'm sorry. But I know it's not just you that I have to apologise to. I need to apologise to mum and dad, your son, Luka, the angel and his soulmate."

She didn't know their names.

"But the person who I really need to apologise to is Oliver. I've done some really terrible things to him and I know that an apology is not enough, but I hope in time I can really show him that I am sorry."

Vinny watched her face. He still had no idea if she was going to stab him in the back with all of this but he wanted to watch her expression as she spoke to Oliver.

"Well, I'll go and get him. This apology starts today but don't think for one second that you'll ever be able to make up for what you did" Vinny said coldly before turning and walking back to the dining room.

Kyran watched him go but glanced down at his soulmate. He didn't expect this from her. She only told him that she wanted to visit. He thought she'd be here to cause trouble. He has never heard her speak this way and to him, it sounded official.

It sounded like she meant it.

They then watched as Vinny walked back out of the dining room with Oliver following closely behind.

When he shut the door, he turned before they made their way over.

"She wants to apologise to you but I'm staying the whole time, okay? If she says anything nasty, I will rip her hair out" Vinny said.

Oliver was a little worried. He hated Scarlet and didn't want to be within ten meters of her but some part of him was curious. He did want to hear what she had to say.

"Maybe you can be less violent, just so you look like the better person. But I wouldn't mind seeing you do that" Oliver whispered, creating a little smirk from the vampire.

"Come on."

They took each other's hand and started walking down the corridor.

Scarlet glanced at their hands but she didn't make her naturally disgusted expression. It was still weird for her to see two males together but she needed to get over it.

As soon as Oliver was close enough, she stepped forwards and pulled him into a hug.

At first, Vinny tensed and went to push her away but then realised, it was just an embrace. But that stunned him more than her 'grown up' conversation.

Oliver's eyes nearly popped out of his head. He stayed so still and stared at Vinny.

"She's touching me" He whispered but Scarlet obviously heard him.

She smiled a little and pulled back.

"Oliver, I know that words are not enough to apologise for what I've done to you. I don't expect you to ever fully forgive me. But what I can only hope for is that you understand that I'm trying to make peace and I want you to know how much I regret everything. I should never have done any of those things to you. You're nice, kind and you've loved my brother more than what I could've ever wished for."

Her words almost made him leave his mouth hanging open.

"So I'm saying sorry. I'm sorry for hurting you, I'm sorry for causing you so much distress and I'm sorry for being so awful to you. You didn't deserve any of it."