Chapter 63

After spending most of the day with his dad, Rayvon was having a bit of time with just his soulmate.

Luka was playing with his lover's hands as he sat in between his crossed legs.

They were in their bedroom and just enjoying one another's company.

"It's okay to cry Rayvon," Luka said quietly. He could feel him holding in his tears.

Rayvon sniffed back his emotion as little Luka turned on his lap and glanced up at him.

"I don't know what you're talking about" He smiled and studied his gold eye.

Luka let out a gentle smile before getting on his knees and resting his body against him. He wrapped his arms around his big shoulders and played with the back of his black hair.

"It's okay" He whispered.

They watched each other and these two are the most connected people in the world. They're basically the same person. They know one another more than what anyone else ever will.

Rayvon felt his lip tremble slightly. Keeping in emotions like this is a really hard thing to do. But he can't pretend to be tough all the time.

"It's just, it's all getting on top of me now" His voice cracked, sending Luka's heart right out of his chest. "I want things to go back to normal."

"You have been through so much," Luka said and watched the first tear slip down his cheek. "Your dads are safe now and if you just give it a few days, it will return to normal."

"I hope so" Rayvon whispered and leant his head forwards so their foreheads could lean against one another.

Luka rubbed his back, wanting to give him all the comfort in the world.

"But it's alright to get upset. I know you're relieved that everything is good now, but you're still shocked and that's okay."

Rayvon loved listening to the sound of his voice as he wrapped his arms around his lower back and pulled his body closer.

"I think it's finally sinking in."

Luka then squeezed him really tight and planted a long kiss on his cheek.

The half vampire smiled and concentrated on his warm lips, touching his skin.

"I've known you all my life Rayvon. We've been through everything together and I don't want you to hide your tears from me."

Yes, Luka is shy and quiet but when it matters, he always says the right things.

"I won't," Rayvon said and breathed in his scent. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Those words are incredibly special. They mean so much but take very little effort to say.

Luka then sank down, wrapped his legs around Rayvon's waist and rested the side of his face into his chest.

They hugged each other but it was very easy for Rayvon to engulf Luka with his big body.

But the half angel loved his warmth and his protection.

* * * * *

"We'll just do normal things," Corey said as he squeezed Panuleon's hand.

The angel had still not recovered from earlier and it had shown him just how much everyone means to him.

"What would you like to do?" He asked and ran a hand through his soulmate's hair.