Chapter 38

When night time came around in the Vanderwood mansion, Jed, John and Vinny had not said a thing to each other. They exchanged some rather awkward looks but Vinny didn't get a chance to question them about it.

Duke didn't get a chance to ask that woman if she wanted to go on a date with John, so he was going to ask her tomorrow instead.

It was now half eleven and Vinny was very delicately rubbing Oliver's back. He was sleeping on his stomach with one arm hanging over the side of the bed.

The vampire was waiting until he was sleeping so he could go outside and ask Jed about what's going on between him and John.

It is none of his business, but he can see that they're slightly freaking out now he knows. He needs to reassure them that it's okay, he isn't going to tell anyone about it.

After a few more minutes of watching Oliver and listening to his calm breathing, he got up and headed to the door.

Jed and John where sitting in the silent corridor, saying goodnight like they always do.

He opened the door and wasn't too surprised to see them together.

They both looked up. They were not sitting close because they thought he might come out and talk to Jed.

Vinny slowly shut the door behind him and sat on the floor, in front of them both.

They watched him, wondering what was going through his mind.

He opened his mouth but shut it again. He didn't know what to say to them.

"How much did you see?" John asked.

"Everything" Vinny said and crossed his arms.

Jed and John exchanged a glance, they knew he had seen them.

"Are you going to tell-"

"No" He interrupted Jed. "I won't tell anyone."

Vinny knew this was a big secret to discover but it wasn't his secret to reveal either.

Relief flooded John's mind but some tiny part of him was glad that the secret was kind of out. He knew it would be a weight off his chest if they admitted what was going on to everyone.

He just wasn't brave enough.

"I'm sorry, but you have to tell me everything" Vinny said. He just had to know how this happened.

Jed knew this was coming but he didn't mind explaining this part.

He sat forward and connected his fingers together.

Two years ago.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me" Oliver said as he rummaged through the boot of the car. They had just pulled up at a beach, almost one hours drive from the mansion.

"What's up?" Corey asked before pulling out the towels.

"We left the food behind."

Jed, who handed Duke the wet-suits, came over.

"It's alright, I'll fly back and get it" He smiled.

"Jed, you just saved my life" Oliver chuckled.

John, who had overheard their conversation quickly jogged over.

"Can I get a lift back, we forgot the sun-cream and I left my bag in my room."

"Wow, we were so organised this morning" Oliver grinned sarcastically.

Jed chuckled and nodded at John.