Chapter 70

The walls of the room felt like they were closing in on the family.

They didn't know how to escape but they knew that the only option was to put everyone in danger.

"Wait, if Luka and Rayvon are the main targets here, I'll take them somewhere safe," Jed said.

Everyone instantly weighed up their options but the main priority was to protect the kids.

"Do it," Panuleon said. "We'll stay and help fight."

"Wait, what if we want to help too?" Rayvon asked.

"That's not an option," Oliver said. "This might be your war but we're keeping you out of it until you have no choice but to fight."

Luka didn't want to leave his parents. He was scared that they'd get hurt but they wouldn't give him a choice.

"Don't worry, we got through the first war, we can get through this," Vinny said and pulled his son into a hug.

Panuleon and Corey hugged Luka as Oliver squeezed both Vinny and Rayvon into his embrace.

"Let us take care of this for you," Panuleon said. He could feel his son squeezing him tight and he knew he was scared.

"Just be careful, Please" Luka mumbled against Corey's shoulder and the angel's chest.

"We will," Corey said and hugged him tighter.

Duke, John, and Madison were nervous.

Especially Madison.

She couldn't fight very well but she was somewhat prepared. She knew Vinny and her husband would help to protect her but she didn't want to completely rely on them.

"Okay, go quickly," Panuleon said and guided his son over to Jed. He needed them to go before he felt too emotional.

Nobody wanted anyone to separate but it was for the best.

"I'm carrying Rayvon but Luka, would you prefer to be carried or fly with me?"

"I don't mind flying," Luka said. He really needed to stretch his wings anyway.

"Alright, let's go."

He took hold of Rayvon as they exposed their wings.

Everyone watched with confident eyes. This was the right decision.

And it wasn't a moment too soon because as they vanished, the doors opened.

They quickly turned to see the demon leader but he froze in his tracks.

Nobody was attached to the wall with chains and Vinny wasn't unconscious.

"For goodness sake. They said you'd be knocked out until morning" He grumbled and flashed a long silver knife.

Panuleon took a brave step forward, making the demon's intimidating expression alter slightly.

"Let us go."

Of course, an angel would try the none violent way first.

The demon let out a very evil laugh, one that echoed off the concrete walls.

"No."

The angel and Vinny shared a glance, knowing they now had to fight.

* * * * *

As Luka and Jed flew through the air, all Rayvon could do was cling onto the angel and hope that they got to their destination safely.

The air was chilly as the snow fell lightly against the wind.