CHAPTER 22

Is it just me?

Or has someone else reached that height

Where you know that you don't know

How to make it right?

🌌

When you had walked out of the balcony, trying to get yourself together, you had moved towards the restaurant, but before you could, you caught a figure standing in the nearby lobby leading to the washroom.

He stood there, looking at himself, in the decorated mirror. You moved towards the lobby and stood at the other side, watching him from the far end. He was just looking at himself, and by the looks of it, you knew what was going on inside of that head of his.

You knew. You had known from way long rather than just the time you'd been caught in this place out of nowhere. Knowing his personality, he was probably doubting himself right now, or worse, hating the fact why he proposed to you. But you knew the chances favoured more towards the part that he was blaming himself for being wrong or guilty somewhere.

As soon as he realized you stood nearby, he turned towards your direction, but did not look at you even once. He walked straight, looking ahead. Passing from next to you, he didn't spare you the smallest of a glance. You were bewildered, however, kept a straight face.

He stopped right before opening the door of the restaurant, as if contemplating if he wanted to go in or not. You quickly rushed towards him, quick steps matching his side. Now you stood next to him, looking at him, your eyes still big and guilty. He finally turned towards you, and the look he gave you was almost intimidating.

It was visible how he was trying to look emotionless, just like you. The uncomfortable silence between the two of you had been there for the first time, at least for you. For you, this was the first time when you experienced that part of your relationship where the two of you couldn't express yourselves in words, and didn't have the slightest idea of how to do it.

"I promised them I'd go in with you" he stated as a matter of fact, voice soft, almost above a whisper. As soon as he said it, before he was about to reach for the handle of the door, you quickly entangled your fingers with him. It was true you didn't want anybody to know. You'd messed up. And now you wanted to make it right but at the same time you didn't have any idea if you should or could.

He nodded, as if assuring himself. You tightened your hands in his. This time, your hand reached out along with his to push open the door. Then you entered with a moment of silence from the room, everyone smiling to the two of you. It was instinct; the two of you smiled to everyone as well. But even God himself knew the smiles were fake.

"Thankyou to everyone for coming out tonight!" You grinned. "Thanks for being our family" you simply kept speaking, trying your best that your voice doesn't crack. The two of you walked to the table anyway, taking your seats opposite each other.

Once you were in your seats, you found yourself focusing on the food, rather than anything else. Everyone was simply talking and chuckling, some staff members kept coming to Jungkook one by one just to tell how proud they were of him, for he'd grown into an amazing, kind gentleman. And that part made your heart break even more.

He was smiling, chuckling, no one could even guess something was wrong. He was good at that. And you were even better at masking yourself. Not letting anyone see what's going on in you. But a second, please. There was one person who was even better than you in unmasking you. That one person sitting next to you, knowing you since your childhood. And it'd been about a whole minute since you'd felt her stare on you already.

"What is it" Taru naturally asked, looking over at you. "What is?" you said acting oblivious. "Y/N" she glared at you and you raised your eyebrow questioningly. She chuckled a bit ironically, and you just sat still. Then she looked at you again, her face turning serious.

"The ring. It isn't there on your finger."

🌌

Now you were finally in the room, you'd gotten here before Jungkook. Avoided him a lot, mostly stayed with the other members. Indeed, Taru had asked you to talk right then and there, but you avoided to create a scene and decided on the next morning, and you'd insisted on having the discussion before Jungkook wakes up.

You felt him enter the room, pretended you were sleeping. You could hear him sigh behind you, you were already in your robes. Under the sheets, and almost half asleep. "Where did I go wrong?" He softly asked before the bed dipped low, not long before you could feel the warmth, him right behind you. "Huh?" He softly asked again, and you tried to calm your breaths, trying your best not to move your eyelids.

He couldn't see you, yet you were anxious. He wasn't touching you, yet you felt sensitive. He was simply gazing you, and that was enough for you. That was enough for you to go crazy, for you to be hazy. And that's the moment you realized that you were in deep. You were in deep with this man without even entirely being his. Without even entirely, being yourself.

 Without even entirely, being yourself

A/N

Deep shit. They're in deep shit. 😂

Hope you liked the chapter, I tried to pour their feelings into words as well as I could've.

And yeah, things about to go emotional, people.

Please Vote! Pretty please!

Be yourself
-DiamondMaknae ❤