CHAPTER 53

A/N: It's shit, bare with me

🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌

JUNGKOOK

"Appa..." The word left my mouth as soon as I saw my dad standing outside the room. I immediately removed my mask to hug him tightly. Patting my back, his eyes turned towards you who was standing behind me with a small smile and a bouquet of lilies. Of course you'd ended up with me, in the hospital. You tried to stop but my convincing skills are way too adorable to ignore.

"Who's this" He smiled, looking at you. "This is my friend... Y/N" I replied and he grinned at you. You bowed a ninety degree, your face enlightened with a bright smile. "Hello" you spoke in your foreign tone and my dad replied. "Can I go see her?" I asked and dad nodded. "Two people at a time." He told us and I could see you hesitating "Oh... Here" you handed me the bouquet and I frowned. "Come with me" I simply said and you looked at my face with big twinkling eyes. "Of course! My wife must be bored of seeing my handsome face anyway" He said and you chuckled, following me.

There she laid on the bed with a hundred pipes attached to her body. My form visibly must've weakened, her weaker face making me shudder. That's my mom? I kept looking at her for a minute, her beautiful face hidden under that ugly oxygen mask. The world had stopped. I was seeing her after months, and I could see how her condition had worsened. I bit my lip, moving towards her bed and slowly caressing her hair. I took her hand in mine and kept on addressing it. She didn't move though. She were in a slumber, I guess. A deep one.

I pressed her hand to my eyes and before I knew, I had started shaking a bit. I didn't know what to do. I just couldn't take in this image of her. I just can't see my mom like this. Almost lifeless.

Y/N

"Eomma..." I heard him whisper in his broken, soft voice, his face burrowed into her weak hand. I frowned, the old lady lying on the bed almost unrecognizable to me. The last time I saw her, she was beautiful and healthy, a welcoming fifty-year old looking far more younger than the said age. I saw her son loosing himself, not knowing whether I should interfere in the interaction. I kept the lilies on her side table, going towards Jungkook who was sitting on the stool and put my palm on his shoulder.

It had no effect though. He stayed in the same position, sobbing ever so gently, not caring that I was there to witness his trembling form. He'd probably gotten used to it. It was a comfortable moment, an act of pure love and caress in front of me. I knew what this meant to him, meeting the person for whom he longed to see since so many days. I smiled a bit. Why? In the middle of being sad myself, it crossed me how I'd seen Mrs. Jeon healthy and happy. And that was in the future.