CHAPTER 40

🌌

11:48 pm

"Jungkook-ssi?" You asked he looked at you after eating his ice cream. "Why did you take me to an ice cream parlour that was about one and a half-hour away?" You chuckled. "You're new here in South Korea and it shows." He grinned. "Hmm?" You tilted your head and he walked closer yo you.

"It was far away because..." He said, opening his phone and showing you the Google maps. "It's about ten minutes from your house." He smiled and you made an 'o' from your mouth in acknowledgement. "So we are going to my house?" you asked with a mischievous smile and he laughed, shaking his head. "You, are going to your house, yes." he corrected and you chuckled along. In the karaoke room, you had said that you were gonna make him sing all night if he comes along with you to your house. You had said it with an unamused face, and it made him wonder if you were actually serious, so he tried his best to escape the conversation every time.

"So..." He said, licking his ice cream once again and you took a bite of it yourself. "You know everything about me..." He continued. "But I know nothing about you. Isn't it unfair?" He asked and you smiled. "That's unfair" you agreed. "My name is Y/N." You started speaking after a few seconds. "I am working in Microsoft at the moment, and I'm originally from Australia, Taru's childhood friend." You smiled. "And yeah... I am... I think twenty? My Korean age is twenty-one. My favourite colour is golden, and I absolutely love water." You giggled, completing your speech.

"You really are younger than me, aren't you" He said, wide eyed. "You look so mature... Like twenty six or something" he said and you chuckled. "But I am younger! So you better loose the honorifics." You said as a matter of fact but he didn't smile, instead he still seemed to be in awe.

"Drop the honorifics?" He tilted his head and you nodded, shrugging, not thinking of it as a big deal. "It's fine if you call me just by my name, I'm used to it... They don't use honorifics in English you know" you kept talking. "Y/N..?" His voice deep and heavy, filled with the same usual husk and softness at the same time.

It had been some time since you heard your name roll off his lips like that, and you had no idea why but it felt weirdly happy and relieving to hear it like that. You missed it, actually. 

"Y/N-ah...?" You name slipped put from his tongue again, leaving your heart beating a bit faster than usual in the comfortable silenced atmosphere of the XUV. You bit your lip, trying to stop your breath from hitching while looking away from him and his intense glare on you.

"Uh...Yeah." You softly voiced, looking back at him and he smiled slightly. "Something wrong?" He asked and you shook your head trying to snap out of it, words unable to form so you licked your ice cream instead. "Nothing," You said and he shrugged, focusing on his dessert. "I... Uh" You initiated, shifting a bit in your seat.

"I brought something... And I had actually planned something" you awkwardly let out changing the topic, trying to pull your bag from the back seat. You kept pulling but it seemed to be stuck and then you felt a soft hand extend towards yours, helping you out.

The bag finally came on your lap, but your mind was still focused on the touch of his mildly cold hand on your hot one. Why were all these little things making you go crazy? You thought to yourself. I've kissed him, touched him, had him close. Then why these palpitations?

"You were saying...?" He asked again when you spaced out for the second time. You avoided a reply and instead started rummaging through your bag. "I didn't... know what to do at first," you said, finally feeling a brown paper packet in your hand inside the bag itself. "I mean...You have everything I can think of" you chuckled.

"So I just thought of something new... Something that flashed through my mind and I just bought it. And I believe that this particular thing can be very helpful sometimes when you need to smile and something to be happy for. I know that because I have one of these myself." you completed, now sitting calmly without much movement. He smiled, trying to understand what you were trying to say. "Five more minutes," you said when he kept staring at you with patience. 

Looking out the window, you spotted a digital clock outside. "5, 4, 3, 2, 1," you softly whispered when Jungkook got even more comfortable in his seat, a slight smile throughout on his face.

"12:00 am" you quickly said, turning your head towards him and grinning brightly. "This is to store your GCF's best stationary moments." Finally you pulled your hand out of the bag and gave him a brown coloured journal, looking ragged and old but a shine of new engaging it at the same time.

"Happy twenty-fifth birthday, Jungkook-ssi"