CHAPTER 42

JUNGKOOK

"Birthday boy?" Jin came into the room, hopping slightly with a sweet smile on his face. I was still putting on some cologne when I turned around hearing his voice. "You're wearing this!" He said, swiftly sliding a Piaget Altiplano on my wrist. At first, I didn't really notice, but as soon as my eyes fell on the name of the brand, I took it off.

"Hyung!" I said, a slight waver in my voice. "Something wrong?" He asked me and I just kept looking at the piece of art in my hand. "I can't take this... Too expensive... I just..." I kept stumbling over my words when he smiled, suddenly hugging me out of nowhere.

"It's a gift, Jungkookie~" He said with a genuine tone. "It's for my brother who deserves it" He softly said, not looking at me in the eye after parting and my mouth was still slightly agape. This was one of the very moments of my life I wish I'd bottle up and watch again and again whenever I'm lonely.

I swear I felt the tears coming. Jin hyung never does all this. He never does. It's very rare of him to do that. I held his bicep before he could turn around to leave. "Hmm?" He asked and I smiled very softly. "Thankyou, hyung." I said and he looked up at me, smiling and giving my back a pat. "I'll go to the roof now" He smiled and I nodded.

🌌

Coming up to the rooftop by climbing the stairs was a regular habit. It helped me lessen up my gym time. But who was I kidding? I wasn't even gymming these days. Getting up there, I was busy buttoning up my sleeves when I looked up, my eyes catching a splashing but familiar red.

When I got closer to the little set-up the guys had done, enough for ten people to fit in, a small smile took its place on my lips. The small lights that Taehyung had insisted on having the other day were beautifully hung all around the tent, and everyone sat there, some laughing with each other and some simply setting up the cake.

They were my family.

My everything, my going force. They made me so happy, and I was thankful to spend my day with them. There was, however, a new addition to our small but large pack. The girl in red. The one I had literally spent my whole day with, yesterday. Then, she looked comfy, but right now, she looked different.

But today she looked beautiful. Her eyes met mine and she smiled at me. It was almost in slow motion, her eyebrows raised when I kept staring at her with a small smile. The dress? It was the one I picked. And I knew that she wore it on purpose. 

"Earth To Jungkook?" I heard Hoseok hyung's voice cut me off, bringing me back to real life. "Yeah?" I asked and he grinned. "Hello? Where were you?" He asked and I just smiled. "Getting ready" I shrugged. "Yeah so I was introducing my girl, back to her!" Taru came in with some snacks in her hand.