CHAPTER 25

Love needs feelings
But I just need you

🌌

The same night,
31st December 2024

"Let's Talk" Jungkook walked in from the bathroom, a towel hanging loosely on his waist while you were busy packing and folding your clothes on the bed. You sighed, keeping the dress which was in your hands a second ago and leaning on the bedrest. "Talk?" You said softly and he nodded fixing his hair looking in the mirror. "Yeah, let's do that" you awkwardly shrugged, folding your arms.

"Well" he sat down on the bed, your eyes uncomfortably going towards his towel which could fall any minute. "Eyes up here" he slowly tilted your chin upwards while a smirk engaged him causing you to smile in return. "Jungkook I'm genuinely happy that you won tonight. You don't know how much it means to me as a fan." You said. "I don't want to spoil this night talking about stuff that'll piss you off as hell" you made a sorry face.

"You know what? Talking it out will probably work out much better for me rather than staying in awkward silence. I can't take this uncomfortable distance between us for even one more minute now" he said innocently and you melted at that. "Come here..." you spread your arms out, moving to him yourself and engaging him in a warm hug. Though your shirt's material rubbing over his bare self was annoying, you let it be for the sake of the moment.

"I just wanna say that I'm sorry about yesterday." You buried your face in his shoulder. Now parting from him, you sat on a much closer distance than earlier making the situation much more likely and at ease. "To be honest I messed up real bad." You chuckled a bit but did not receive any smiles from the former. "I didn't mean to do that, and in all honesty," you looked up and then back at him. "I was scared"

This time you received a reaction, his eyebrows furrowing hearing your statement. "Of?" He asked. "Of everything. I was so scared of me, first and foremost. I was scared that all of this was not real. I was so scared if my mom..." you took in a deep breath. "I was scared if she was even gonna legally call me her daughter if I wore that ring without telling her." You let out a shaky breath. He softly reached out for your hand, holding it.

"Y/N, we made a decision of getting into a relationship three years ago. At that time, we both had considered all of it. Your parents, my fans, our dangers, our needs, and wants. Everything. And at that time I had never thought that there will be a day I'd be asking you to be mine forever. But do you have an idea about the guts I had to have for doing what I did yesterday?" His face scrunched and your mouth opened to say something but then closed again.

"That is irrelevant though" he shook his head, eyes shut. "But hey... Last night... It was as if you were unsure..." His eyes twinkled as his head tilted to the side. "As if... You almost knew it wasn't right to accept me... And you looked so determined..." His voice had already started breaking and you'd be damned for this moment. That's when it started flooding to you, the realization that in this relationship, he was always the weak one emotionally. Always the one who broke down first, and always the one who'd cry watching a movie first. One whole month was enough for you to understand that, and eight years were enough for you to know him that well.