CHAPTER 52

🌌

29th November 2021

It was yesterday when Jungkook told you that his mother was going to be admitted in the hospital opposite to your apartment. Here you were, on the balcony of their house, talking with Jimin. "What else?" You giggled while telling him a story and he giggled as well. The house had been much in action, the other guys constantly arranging time slots for them to meet their maknae's mother and pay their respect. Jungkook was another story. He was not allowed to pick up his parents from the airport because it would cause more of a mess. He had been promised that once his mother would reach the hospital safely, he'd be allowed to go there.

And that is why you were here. You were going to drop him off because that seemed like the easiest option instead of calling a driver and making a fuss. It would be easier to sneak him to the hospital from your house than to sneak him in from Bangtan's. Life was hard on them, indeed. You plopped your chin on your palm, resting your elbow on the railings as you talked along with Jimin.

You were lost in your conversation when a pair of hands came from behind you, wrapping something on your waist. You turned towards your side to find Jungkook sweetly smiling at your frown. "Hyung, Yoongi hyung is calling you" he quickly muttered and Jimin nodded before leaving the two of you. You started to unwrap his jacket from your waist before he stopped you.

"There's a stain" he muttered to you with an amused expression and your eyes widened immediately. You were about to run away when he spoke again. "If you can manage, I have a pair of shorts that will fit you" he shrugged, leaning his back on the railing and you mumbled a 'yeah'. You quickly walked away, trying to find your sling bag from somewhere. Anywhere.

You walked out of the bathroom with the brown colored shorts hanging loosely on your waist but were anyway wearable. Your hand held the jacket carefully when you walked into Jungkook's room. "I'll wash this and return it to you~" you said, trying to avoid his face. You were flustered and were 50-50 sure he was gonna tease you. "Okay." He simply replied, looking at his phone. You sighed and were about to leave before he stopped you. "Y/N?" He said and you turned around with squinted eyes. "Yeah?" You asked and he smiled again. Sweetly, just like he'd been doing the whole day.

"This..." He went to his closet, fumbling around a few drawers before finally stretching his hand out to you. In his hold was the precious thing, you had almost forgotten about in the series of events. "Oh..." The word left your mouth and you quickly took the diary you gifted him on his birthday from him, opening it to see whatever he wanted to show you.