Compromising

Robin started feeling a bit better, his fast healing having something to do with that factor. He was able to finally get out of bed, despite the slight pain it caused his side. He started exploring, while Deathstroke was out, looking at all the weapons, some of the outfits and the building. Getting bored of that he walked over to the computers, starting to hack and search things. It was his favorite thing to do no matter where he was.

  As he continued his invasion, Deathstroke walked in, a bit surprised to see Robin no longer in bed and instead was searching the computer. Deathstroke chuckled.

  "Hasnt anyone ever told you it's wrong to snoop?" Deathstroke asks, dropping off the bag.

  Robin smirked. "They have. But I never listen." He jokes.

  Deathstroke took his mask off, grabbing an apple leaning against the desk. "I take it you are feeling better."

  "I have fast healing. You could say I am feeling better." Robin turned to face Deathstroke. "It may take me a few more weeks to get fully healed but I'm okay walking around."

  Deathstroke nods, taking a bit if the apple. "Much like me. That's good to know." He paused, taking a bit of the apple. "Why dont you tell me what happened. How did you end up here in the first place?" He asks.

  Robin bit his lip, running a hand through his hair. "My team and I were on an Intel mission that turned sour. I ended up getting caught in the crossfire of some guns. My team seemed caught up in protecting themselves than eachother. That's how we failed our last mission." He says, slowly standing up. He stretched, his stomach screaming at him not to go too far. "Artemis especially. She ditched me on the roof. She panicked but it still didnt feel like team work."

  Deathstroke swallowed the last bite of the apple, tossing it into a garbage bin. He got up off the desk, walking over to Robin, a smirk on his face. "Something you need to learn is not to rely on others. When fear is thrown into the mix, people are unpredictable." He explained, walking around Robin to steal the seat back.

  Robin gulped. Hes been hiding here for nearly a week and a half. It may not feel like long, but to Robin it was. He turned to Deathstroke, rubbing his sweaty palms on his thighs.

  "I want to learn all that you have to offer." Robin finally blurted out, catching Deathstroke off guard a bit. Quickly he composed himself, leaning back in the seat.

  "Do you realize what you are asking?" He held up his hand, pointing it at Dicks chest. "You are a hero. I am what you call the 'Bad Guy' of these stories. We have different perceptions of the world we live in." Deathstroke explained.

  Robin gulped. "I know. But everytime I think about going back to my old team I dread it. Being here, It feels like a new start. Yes I know I will have some of the same Morals as when I was a hero. But I'm prepared to leave that behind me." Robin says. "I've given it a lot of thought."

  "Not enough, apparently." Deathstroke stood up, walking over to his bag. He pulled out guns, knives and swords, lying them on a table. When he placed a pair of escrimas down, they caught Robin's attention. He liked the way it looked on the table. "You say you have only been taught hand to hand combat and using gadgets. Are you prepared to use these to get a job done? Knowing you may have to kill someone one day?" He asked.

  Robin gulped. He hadnt thought about that. Batman was against using weapons such as these. Especially guns. Taking a life wasnt in his forte as well. Robin looked over at Deathstroke, meeting his gaze.

  "I want to learn." He says, confidently.

  Deathstroke chuckled, folding his arms. "Fine. A compromise then. I will teach you but I do require something in return." He says.

  "Shoot."

  "An apprenticeship." He says. "This means you will be under my mentorship. Learn how I teach. Listen to any commands I give. No more Young Justice or the Justice League. If you can agree to this, I will teach you all that I know. Doesnt seem like your giving up much to learn from one of the greatest mercenaries, does it?" He asked.

  Robin honestly wasnt prepared for this. He knew Deathstroke was going to offer that position, but he didnt realize the restrictions they required. Did that mean... he could never talk to Bruce or Alfred again? What about Wally? Was he prepared to make that sacrifice? For how long?

  "Offers ticking." Deathstroke pushed.

  Robin bit his lip. He knew being under the care of Deathstroke would result in the teams coming after him and when they do he was going to explain to them. Making up his mind he stood tall. "I will accept but I have terms of my own." He says.

  "Oh? Do explain."

  "I will not kill." He said in a serious tone.

  Deathstroke smirked, holding out a gloved hand. "If that's the only term you have, I accept."

  Robin let out a relieved sigh, taking Deathstrokes hand. "I accept as well."

  They shook hands, the deal being struck. Deathstroke smirked. "Once you are able to move around more than you are, Lessons will start right away. There are 5 main Lessons and 3 Weapons Lessons that I need to teach you. But for now, get back in bed."

  Robin nods, breaking the hand shake, making his way to the bed. Deathstroke watched him carefully, enjoying that everything was going exactly as he planned. Finally he has an apprentice and he was going to make damn sure he gets him on the same level as him.

  A/N: So we probably wont see Bats and them for a couple chapters. It's mainly going to focus. The lessons will go by quite fast. You will get to watch as they grow closer over the first year ^-^ Deathstroke is ruthless, but not so much to Dick. Hope you enjoy! Things are about to pick up!