Comforting

When they got to the compound, Dick got off the bike, immediately taking off his mask and setting it on the nearest table. Deathstroke took his off, reaching for the lock pick set and immediately went to work on the cuffs.

  Dick watched him take the cuffs off, everything that happened today seemed to come back now that he had time to think it over. He couldnt stop the tears that spilled over onto his cheek. Once the cuffs were off, Dick brought his hands up, covering his eyes. He couldnt help the overwhelming anxiety, adrenaline, panic, pain and hurt that bottled up inside of him.

  Deathstroke sighed, taking his helmet off he wrapped his arms around Dick, letting him cry it out. He rubbed at Dick's hair comfortingly, which only allowed Dick to cry harder. "I... I was abandoned... again by them... I'm... I'm never going to be able to see them again as family." Dick sobbed.

  Deathstroke squeezed him tighter. "When I took you in, one of my conditions was for you never to see the Leagues again. Do you know why?" Deathstroke asked.

  Dick shook his head against Deathstrokes chest.

  Deathstroke pulled him away, bringing a hand up to grip Dick's chin, pointing it up. "It wasnt for my own selfishness. It was for you. I saw how hurt you grew after they left you. Everytime you seemed to meet them, run into them or find things out you would grow sad. I never wanted you hurt or grieving for people who betrayed you. I know how it feels to be abandoned by the ones I loved. I never wanted that for you. I look at you like the son I never had. I saw potential in you not only as an assassin, but family. They dont deserve you and you are too good for them." He explained.

  Dick smiled, dropping his head he hugged Deathstroke tightly, his tears no longer flowing out. "Thank you. I'm glad I made the right choice." He whispered, his voice cracking.

  Deathstroke let a smile appear on his face, breaking apart from the hug. "Why dont we go make some food? I'm sure that will lighten you up a bit." He said.

  Dick nodded. "I'd like that."

  Deathstroke nodded, walking side by side with Dick. "We need to make extra. Sportsmaster is on his way."

  Dick lifted a brow, wiping the remaining tears from his face. "Hes coming? Why?"

  Deathstroke smirked. "Who do you think dropped the bombs?"

  Dick thought for a moment before the lightbulb clicked above his head. "Oh! He helped me escape? What a nice Uncle Sportsmaster." Dick jokes, causing a hearty laugh to escape Deathstroke. He slapped Dick on the shoulder.

  "Uncle Sportsmaster? Say that in front of him and you may just walk away with not tongue, Grayson."

  Dick snorted. "It'd be worth it." He mumbled.

  "It may just be." Deathstroke said, as they made it to the elevator. Once up in the mansion, Dick went to his room, changing out of his armor to put on his Jean's and a shirt. He clipped his bangs back, keeping them out of his face before making it over to the kitchen.

  Deathstroke was already starting the chicken when Dick entered. Though he was more distracted by the fact Sportsmaster was leaning against the counter.

  "Already here? That was fast." Dick said, walking over to Deathstrokes side to help for dinner.

  "I am. I heard you needed help tracking down some more stolen guns. Plus you needed help escaping the heroes." He explained, folding his arms.

  Dick chuckled. "Thanks for that help. I forgot what a headache being good was." Dick explained, washing some potatoes. "Back to this mission, we found out it was an amateur job. Nothing professional about it. So they shouldnt be to hard to find." Dick explained.

  "Fantastic. I love when they make amateurs do their dirty work." Sportsmaster said.

  "So do I, Uncle sporty." Dick said, starting to cut the potatoes.

  Deathstroke side eyed Dick before looking over at Sportsmaster who seemed caught off guard at the statement. Deathstroke smirked. "What did... did you just say Uncle sporty?" He asked.

  "Exe. Sportmaster has stopped working. Shall I reboot him or is he a lost cause?" Dick jokes.

  Sportsmaster scoffed, jumping forward he wrapped his arms around Dicks neck, bringing him down he ran his knuckles through Dicks hair, causing him to protest. "Ah! I understand! Stop!"

  Sportsmaster let Dick go, walking back around the island. Dick rubbed his head. "That wasnt very nice." Dick smirked. "Uncle Sporty."

  Sportsmaster went after Dick and all Deathstroke could do was smile. Finally, Dick was feeling like his old self again. He just hopes whatever happens, nothing hurts Dick again. Especially the leagues. Hes had enough of them toying with Dicks emotions. All he wants is for Dick to be happy, focused and safe.

  With that thought, he finished cutting the potatoes as Sportsmaster and Dick wrestled on the floor.

*Mountain*

  Everyone was in a somber mood. All the events that happened, they never expected Dick to be alive and with Deathstroke of all people. Dick was living it up as a Villain while they tried to look for him.

  "I cant believe this." Wally said, folding his arms.

  "I thought I had issues." Jason mumbled.

  "Why would he stay with Deathstroke? He helped us take him down once, why the change of heart all of a sudden?" Kaldur asked.

  "Well... he was right. That day of the mission we did treat him poorly. It was only a matter of time before he ran to someone else." Artemis says.

  Wally sighed. "He was my best friend and I thought he was dead. Knowing he thinks of Deathstroke as family more than us, hurts worse." Wally said, shooting up from the chair, walking out of the room. Artemis excused herself and went after him.

  "We need to come up with a plan to capture him and this time no vents." Says Jason. "The kids got issues, but hes still a good kid. He's hurting, that's all."

  "I know Batman said some harsh words to him. But he still chose Deathstroke over us." M'gann said.

  Jason folded his arms. "Hes been with Deathstroke for 5 years. Grew with him through his most important years. Of course he would choose Deathstroke over you. The Young Justice was together for what? A year before he dissapeared. That's not a lot of time to create bonds. Wally and Batmans melancholy are justified. They knew him before the Young Justice. Longer than he knew any of you. Wouldnt you stay with the one who grows up with you during important times?" Jason asked.

  This brought on silence, everyone thinking about Jason's words. Jason took that as his win. "Exactly." He says, leaving the room in silence.

  Once he was out of the room, he decided on his own to talk to Dick alone. Hoping to get more of the story. Without tipping anyone off, he slipped away, unnoticed.

A/N: I am feeling generous so another chapter ^-^ I hope you enjoy this! I had a lot of fun writing it! Stay safe out there with the Pandemic and crazy Worldwide Earthquakes!